Does attending a program with provisional accreditation affect your chances of getting a job?

Hello everyone I have currently accepted a spot to be in the inaugural class at a new PA program. This program has been granted provisional accreditation. I was wondering if any of you who also attended a program with provisional accreditation found it more difficult to get hired as a PA once you graduated? I just want to be assured that attending a newer program will not hinder my chances of getting hired, especially in specialties. 

Thanks in advance for the input! 

The advantage I see to certain schools over others is where you will be doing rotations.

This will affect the connections you make, the people you will know, the job leads and offers you may get. 

If you can do rotations in the area you want to work, then your school matters even less. That said, I still managed to get job offers 5 states from where I went to school, as do many others.

When you see "prefers candidates with ties to the area" in the job ad, know that it's code for them hoping that your ties to the area (family, friends, loved ones) keeps you working for them long-term.

I went to Chatham University.  My first year there, they had a provisional accreditation.  By the time I graduated we had a full accreditation.  No one I spoke with had any idea about there ever being a provisional status or they never cared.  In my experience, as long as you pass your boards, you can get hired.  Best of luck!

Archived