Help with International Rotations

Ho Everyone!

I was wondering if anyone has ANY incite at all into any international rotations available (more specifically in Africa, The Himalayan region of Asia (Nepal, India, Bhutan, etc), and Southeast Asia). The PITT PA Program is fairly new and doesn't have any International Rotations available yet, BUT I figure they have to start somewhere and I wouldn't mind being the first one knowing that I could help set up a clinical that would affect both the PA-S and the locals lives. Any input would be great. Even if you have heard of classmates or programs that have done such a thing. Thanks in advance.

-J

Do a search here on "Nepal" and see my rotation offer for that country.

I did and looked at the program. Financially it is pretty steep compared to other opportunities I've seen while searching the web. How many students have you taken thus far? Any references? Would you be the preceptor or the doctors? What's the patient load? One of the issues I have is that I don't think that my program will be willing to do a split rotation because we are only allowed one elective.

The aapa has a student website with some options for students interested in doing rotations abroad. I am doing a 6 week rotation next year in Kenya through elective Africa. I am also doing a medical mission to Nicaragua over Christmas break through vida. I've been doing a lot of legwork on this and am also on a budget... Email me for more info, I'm happy to share my research :) always happy to find like-minded, adventurous, world traveling types! :)

I would love some info on these trips as well. I will not be starting PA school until this may, so I have two years yet until clinicals but am very interested in doing rotations abroad. I went on a medical mission trip to Nicaragua this past spring as well. We went to Blue Fields City. Where will you be going? I loved that trip and would love to go back, however I would also love to go somewhere else. If you wouldn't mind sharing your research it would be greatly appreciated! Thank you and I hope you love Nicaragua as much as I did!

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

My school offers international rotations through child family health international. they offer rotations in Bolivia, Ecuador, India, Mexico and South Africa. One of the upper year students went to Bolivia and they loved the experience. I know other students who went to south africa and said they had alot of fun. The website is http://www.cfhi.org/web/index.php.

Archived