Buying Health Insurance

It is really good pay and does have other benefits just not health ins. But has HSA and as the clinic grows it will offer health insurance. For example, paying to move us, pays all expenses for conferences, 3weeks vacation and within 3 years will share in revenue.

So just need to find some health insurance. It is in the Salem, Oregon if that makes a difference. I have been on Medicaid while in school and it will be a shift to actually paying.

just an FYI - health ins premiums will run ~15k per year - since you are paying your own you will be using after tax $$$$ - if you figure a 25% bracket you need to add 20k onto your salary for health insurance alone!! personally I would not take a job with out health ins unless they increased my salary by 25k/year as you will shoulder 100% of the cost increases and management of your plan.....

• 5 months later...

I have private health insurance and I got a lot of quotes from the online sites that contact different insurance carriers. It might have been esurance but I can't remember. I know the premiums were anywhere from $300 up to $1200 or more depending on the type of coverage and deductibles. It is much cheaper to get group insurance through an employer.

I have private health insurance and I got a lot of quotes from the online sites that contact different insurance carriers. It might have been esurance but I can't remember. I know the premiums were anywhere from $300 up to $1200 or more depending on the type of coverage and deductibles. It is much cheaper to get group insurance through an employer.

Archived