Interviews?

• 3 weeks later...

Congratulations and good luck! The flow is very straight forward and includes a lunch with students. There were two 1:1 interviews and an essay/supplemental application. The questions were to find out your fit for the program. The class looks for diversity but also for cohesion to ensure that everyone is challenged but also gets along. No trick questions. Be yourself and show them who you are. The more relaxed you are, the better you will come across and thus shine. One thing I should have done, but didn't is to ask when they will be making their decision. I have not heard back and I am not sure if I should have already or I should expect to hear at a later date. Either way, if I asked the question, I would know. If you happen to ask the question, can you follow back with what you learned?

• 1 month later...

I have not seen acceptancescome across here for this interview season. Not sure if they are planning onone big announcement or those that are accepted are also those that normallydon't participate on these blogs. I can say that I have not heard a disposition on my interview at this time. I interviewed in September.

Mikemul65,

I interviewed at was accepted at Desales. I am currently debating between Desales and another school for next years matriculation. I Interviewed at the beginning of August and heard back the middle of September. I would recommend calling the graduate admissions office and ask for an update on your application, you may be able to find out more information.

Congrats to those that got in! In case it's helpful information, when I interviewed they said candidates were broken down into 4 categories: instant in, instant out, hold, and wait-list. Hold is specifically for people they plan to accept provided the candidates complete their remaining prereqs to satisfaction (I believe satisfactory means a 3.0), waitlist is, well, waitlist. The rest are self explanatory.

People on instant in or out are notified immediately. The other two groups will hear back a little further down the road (not sure when).

Everyone there was very nice. I was happy that we were able to sit in on the class, and even happier that I understood what was being taught :). All-in-all it seems like a great program.

I interviewed at DeSales in mid October, and was accepted shortly after. I sent in my deposit, but am still waiting to hear from one other school that would be a little more convenient. For what it's worth, however, it's an awesome school and very well run! I am 99% sure that's where I'll be in August!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived