Case studies books?

Hey everyone. (: We're starting clin med this quarter and right now, I'm super... super... rusty on starting to work out case studies. I know it will get better soon, but in the meantime I'd like to practice a bit on my own as well.

Any recommendations on books that walk you through various cases? I've poked around Amazon and so far everything I've found has really mixed reviews, and not necessarily by PA students- I'd rather pick something up that someone in a similar program found helpful.

All sorts of people will have a variety of opinions about it, but for me, that app drops new words/procedures/labs/studies into my lap and motivates me to look them up to see what the heck they are talking about. Even if the presentation is weird, poorly written, hokey, or whatever else the naysayers want to say, I found the discussion section to be extremely educational. Between the Prognosis, Lab Values, Epocrates, and Micromedex, I can keep myself amused on long car rides, cure insomnia, kill time while sun tanning, and annoy the holy hell out of my wife while I bore her recounting the glorious details of actually being correct on some presentation (without cheating). Well worth the price of the Apps to me (free).

enjoy!

Archived