Winthrop Jan 2012 Start Date

Hi everyone. My name is Suneena. Aristoteli, I am so glad that you started this. It's a great idea for us to get to know each other before we start the program :) I am 22 years old. I live in California, but I got my undergraduate degree in biology from Southern Connecticut State University. I just received the orientation packet yesterday and I am so shocked about how expensive everything is (textbooks, medibag, etc). Have all of you received the email also? I am going to be looking into housing soon. I'm hoping to find an apartment located in the middle of Mineola and Bay Shore, but I don't know the area at all.

Hey everyone! My name is keshia Guerrier, ill be turning 22 next week. I graduated from St. johns University this past

May with a degree in Biology. I just received an emailed from jennifer about this forum, i am very excited it was recreated ( Thanks Aristoteli). It will allow us to get to know each other a little before class start. @ Suneena i received the orientation packet yesterday also and felt overwhelm, didnt expect it to be so much.

Hello Everyone,

I received it as well. Do not go crazy buying all the books as they may change. I spoke with a couple guys who started the Sept class and they said we really don't need the books but said a couple might be helpful. I will post those on the FB page. Also just b/c they say a medi-bag doesn't mean we have to buy one of those, use what you have. As for the rest of the medical items, we do need those but look on eBay and amazon.com to get the same items cheaper. What you must buy is the medical terminology book and the anatomy dvd.

Aristoteli (Telly)

Hi everyone. My name is Suneena. Aristoteli, I am so glad that you started this. It's a great idea for us to get to know each other before we start the program :) I am 22 years old. I live in California, but I got my undergraduate degree in biology from Southern Connecticut State University. I just received the orientation packet yesterday and I am so shocked about how expensive everything is (textbooks, medibag, etc). Have all of you received the email also? I am going to be looking into housing soon. I'm hoping to find an apartment located in the middle of Mineola and Bay Shore, but I don't know the area at all.

Hello Everyone,

I received the email today letting me know about our forum.

My name is Randolph, 24, male, from NJ (2 hrs away). I have a BS in Biology from Seton hall university in 2009 and have been taking additional coursework since then to prepare for PA school.

Cool Note--> I went to the open house in Oct. and met a couple of possible classmates (if u're on the forum let me know)I had my interview on 11/2 and got my letter on 11/10. I'm exited to start PA school with you guys in the new year.post-53347-137934850594_thumb.jpg

Hey everyone,

My name is Jen. I graduated from Queens College in 2008 as a Psychology major. I took the last year or so to take my science prereqs and shadow. I have worked at an oral surgeons office for the past 5 years and volunteered at Weill Cornell Medical Center.

Thanks Telly for creating this forum and the FB group. I know a few people from HS and college that have done the Winthrop program and the other campuses. They all loved it and were happy with it, but warned me that they can sometimes be disorganized (which I am sure we have already seen).

I am excited to start but nervous as well. Hope we keep in touch if not on here then definitely FB.

See you all at the orientation!

Jen

Hi everyone,

My name is Selam and will be moving from Dallas, TX. I am really excited to meet everyone, thanks Telly for starting the thread. I graduated from UMASS with a BS - Biology. I am trying to find housing asap and I would really appreciate any info on it. Can't wait to meet everyone!

Selam

Selam,

Congrats on getting into PA school. We have all switched to a facebook page. Please join the group, there is a lot of information there.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/175218649238027/

Telly[

QUOTE=peace_joh;321532]Hi everyone,

My name is Selam and will be moving from Dallas, TX. I am really excited to meet everyone, thanks Telly for starting the thread. I graduated from UMASS with a BS - Biology. I am trying to find housing asap and I would really appreciate any info on it. Can't wait to meet everyone!

Selam

Hey guys, I applied for touro manhattan and bayshore PA programs to start fall 2012 and called end of october to check my app status. they informed me that there were still spots for this january and winthrop and asked if i'd like to be considered (obviously I said yes LOL). They just called me yesterday and asked me to call back monday to schedule an interview. Seeing as I will have limited time between a hopeful acceptance and the actual start of the program I wanted to see if there is anything additional you had to do besides find housing? Someone earlier mentioned immunizations? If i call my primary what bloodwork and immunizations do I need?

Shoot me a PM with your e-mail address. I will forward you what information I have and try to get you the medical form that the school requires.

Hey guys, I applied for touro manhattan and bayshore PA programs to start fall 2012 and called end of october to check my app status. they informed me that there were still spots for this january and winthrop and asked if i'd like to be considered (obviously I said yes LOL). They just called me yesterday and asked me to call back monday to schedule an interview. Seeing as I will have limited time between a hopeful acceptance and the actual start of the program I wanted to see if there is anything additional you had to do besides find housing? Someone earlier mentioned immunizations? If i call my primary what bloodwork and immunizations do I need?

Hey so did you get accepted to Winthrop then?!

Heyy!, I applied to the Manhattan campus for Fall 2012. I did not apply to the Winthrop campus for January (which I feel now that I should have :P ). But either way if I did apply for Winthrop my CASPA application took over a month to get verified, which was this week! So I think I was already pretty late for Winthrop. But who knows maybe I can try to squeeze in if there is a seat or something....because I wouldn't mind starting in January at all! let me know how it goes and if you get accepted!

Girly Girl,

No, I am in a similar situation to "pearls33". My interview is coming up, but just wanted to know how many things I'd have to scramble for in the event that I'm accepted. Telly was very helpful. GirlyGirl, r u accepted?

Archived