2012 applicants?

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm renting a room in Perris. Many of my classmates found something near the school (Moreno Valley) that was affordable, though.

As far as if I have a life outside of school.... well, I honestly haven't tried. I set this time aside for school. I do go to church, catch an occasional $2 movie with a classmate, etc. But school is never far from my mind. You just need a mental break sometimes.

That's good. At least you have some kind of break :)

Hello 2011 applicants. I wanted to know if any one of you have received confirmation that your applications were received by RCC. I haven't received one yet and just wanted to know if some of you already received that in the mail. Please let me know. Thank you.

I haven't received a confirmation. I believe they only send out confirmations if you have been denied or accepted, correct me if I am wrong.

Some days, I am quite confident about being accepted. Other days, not so much. And then the days in between; meh..50/50. I am applying with approximately 9000 patient contact hours in between back office MA and Respiratory Therapy (only 4000 can be verified, so only put those on the application). I have been teaching in the medical field for 8 years and have recently completed all of the prereqs...again. My GPA is more than enough, hours are more than enough...My letters of recommendation were glowing (they were so flattering I blushed). However, I live in SD county, which is outside of the RCC area. I think I am tier 4; not feeling the greatest about that... :( I know it happens, but ya..just..never..know.. :)

Some days, I am quite confident about being accepted. Other days, not so much. And then the days in between; meh..50/50. I am applying with approximately 9000 patient contact hours in between back office MA and Respiratory Therapy (only 4000 can be verified, so only put those on the application). I have been teaching in the medical field for 8 years and have recently completed all of the prereqs...again. My GPA is more than enough, hours are more than enough...My letters of recommendation were glowing (they were so flattering I blushed). However, I live in SD county, which is outside of the RCC area. I think I am tier 4; not feeling the greatest about that... :( I know it happens, but ya..just..never..know.. :)

I was in a similar situation to you last year. I had plenty of hours as a back office MA and scribe, GPA was good, LOR were awesome, and I also lived outside the area (in Kern county). Have hope! If I got in, you have a good chance as well!

I know how you feel. I have over 20,000 hrs of HCE, good GPA, volunteer work, great LORs, and was waitlisted last year but didn't make it in.......yes you can make it in but those of us outside the county are at a disadvantage.

I know how you feel. I have over 20,000 hrs of HCE, good GPA, volunteer work, great LORs, and was waitlisted last year but didn't make it in.......yes you can make it in but those of us outside the county are at a disadvantage.

I am curious as to which type of HCE hours Riverside prefers. From strolling through the blogs, it looks as though EMTs are at a disadvantage. Where are your HCE hours concentrated?

Our class has EMTs, paramedics, respiratory therapists, physical therapy aides, medical assistants, nurses, and me the scribe. Not sure what else... but fairly evenly spread among HCE.

That is definitely a wide range; which is good for everyone! IF I get in, I will be living in an RV while at Moreno Valley. I am curious; do you know if the campus has a traditional style meal plan, the kind which is paid for per quarter or semester?

That is definitely a wide range; which is good for everyone! IF I get in, I will be living in an RV while at Moreno Valley. I am curious; do you know if the campus has a traditional style meal plan, the kind which is paid for per quarter or semester?

No, no meal plan at all... it's a community college, after all. There is a cafeteria of sorts on campus, but open only during lunch.

• 2 weeks later...

Spoke with the PA program's secretary today in Mo Val and she said they have not finished going through all the applications yet but they should be done by end of Nov. At that time we will receive a notification that our applications were received by the program. She also said that we will find out if we got excepted by the end of Feb 2012.

Spoke with the PA program's secretary today in Mo Val and she said they have not finished going through all the applications yet but they should be done by end of Nov. At that time we will receive a notification that our applications were received by the program. She also said that we will find out if we got excepted by the end of Feb 2012.

Thanks for the updated information, Iceburg. I was thinking about calling them next week to find out about those pesky notifications. The end of February seems like so far away.... :( and yet, it is right around the corner. Christmas is only 10 weeks away... :) (just trying to keep positive!)

Hello forum!

I'm so glad to see that I'm not alone in my neurosis, here. I called about the notification, as well. They didn't give me any specific timeframe for when to expect either the notification or the acceptence/exceptence*.

I'll be sure to post when I've received the notification. Will you all do the same? I hope it arrives soon, before I've torn ALL of my hair out.

* "Exceptance" sounds so much better than "Rejection", so I'm embracing Iceberg's typo

Hello forum!

I'm so glad to see that I'm not alone in my neurosis, here. I called about the notification, as well. They didn't give me any specific timeframe for when to expect either the notification or the acceptence/exceptence*.

I'll be sure to post when I've received the notification. Will you all do the same? I hope it arrives soon, before I've torn ALL of my hair out.

* "Exceptance" sounds so much better than "Rejection", so I'm embracing Iceberg's typo

If we weren't neurotic before, we will be before this process is complete. Trying to keep the hair in my head. Anything sounds better than 'rejection'.

What is everyone's Plan B? (just curious)

What is everyone's Plan B? (just curious)

I've applied to one other PA school. Should both PA schools fall through, I've applied to a couple of universities for a Health Science Bachelor's. That would mean 2 years for the BSHS, but time well spent, I feel. Anything beats sitting idle.

That said, it's definitely plan(s) B(through D). My focus is on the RCC PA Program, where I hope to see all of you.

Archived