Prerequisite Questions...

I would like to apply to Idaho State as soon as I can. However, I have not taken 3 of the prerequisite classes (biochem, microbiology, and abnormal psych). I have my bachelors in biology and I understand that ISU allows applicants to have at the most 2 prerequisites in progress through the spring of the year you plan to attend school. So how do they determine if you would be admitted to their program if you don't have all of the prerequisites finished?

Also, if I were to take one of those 3 prereqs this fall quarter, another winter quarter, and another spring quarter, and received good grades in all of them, is it worth applying this cycle? Or should I wait until next year and save my money?

• 2 weeks later...

Okay got my answers, thanks. I have a new question now: Since I will be taking the remaining prerequisites for the Idaho State PA program and I am confident that I will end with a prereq GPA of around a 3.8 or 3.9, and I did great on the GRE, will they still look at my undergraduate GPA when they review my application? Unfortunately my undergraduate GPA is not very stellar.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

I am in the same boat Jordanknox21. I still have to take orgo 1 this summer (in order to take biochem this fall) and have A&P1 and 2 to take still. I am applying this cycle. I will have all of the pre-reqs done except A&P2 by Dec 31st of this year. If I get accepted, it will be conditional on passing A&P 2. This also allows me the opportunity to take biochem again if I mess it up.

Archived