Questions for Accepted Touro Students/Current Students: Bay Shore/Winthrop Ext

Hello Future Colleagues and Current Touro Students !

I am very excited to interview at the Bay Shore campus in a couple of weeks. I was curious... how are the accepted applicants placed into either Bay Shore Campus or Winthrop Ext Center (what are the determining factors, I know one starts in the fall and the other in the spring) ?

Also, since I will be interviewing at Bay Shore and will NOT have the opportunity to visit Winthrop, are the resources at Winthrop Extension Center any different from Bay shore (I am assuming there are some disadvantages since Winthrop students must report to the Bay shore campus some days of the week during their didactic stage)?

Thanks for your time.

P.S. I understand I could ask the Touro staff these questions, but I am curious to read the response from a students point of view. Thx

I was accepted into the Winthrop extension, which workes out better for me b/c it's much closer to home. I didn't interview until July and was number 3 on the wait list for the bay shore so I just had them take me off the wait list. I spent a lot of time communicating with the admissions department about my grades. My caspa gpa was only a 3.1 science but I had a lot of other stuff and I completed my UG in 36 months. I also feel I did very well in the interview, but I am 35 and I served in the military for 8 years so I'm sure that helped a lot.

Good luck, let me know if I can help

I am flying into MacArthur airport next week and staying at a hotel close by, should I just take a cab to Bayshore campus vs. Rental car? Also, I have the option to schedule my interview time (9:30am-1pm)... Since I am from out of town and do not know how long the interview process lasts, what would be the best time to interview (considering traffic,etc)?

I've been stressing a lot lately, but, after calling them, I thnk that i'm alright. Yes, its rolling admissions but then again my supplemental application will be in their hands by the end of this coming week and probably reviewed early/mid october. I know they interview a lot in november january february, and like u mentioned, even later around march and april, so as long as they like me I should at least get an interview. Anyway, share your thoughts!

Had my interview at Bay Shore campus this morning...

Prior to my arrival, I had already heard so many great things about their staff/program but they truly do a GREAT job making you feel comfortable as an applicant. Hands down, Touro has been the most welcoming program through my application process. Fingers crossed for some good news!

• 3 weeks later...

A bit of advice, when you feel nervous... Think about how excited you are to interview, begin PA school and become a PA (don't let yourself think negatively). I am sure you have worked very hard to be in this position. Fortunately, you have won half the battle, they know you are a good candidate for their program (objectively)... Now, you are well ahead of the other applicants who DID NOT interview or did not interview well. It is time to express your hard work and passion to the people who are already interested in you as an applicant (subjective part).

My experience: They did not make me feel uncomfortable or play good cop bad cop, try to be yourself... It's funny, when people say "just be yourself" (ok, it is definitely easier said that done), but it is truly the best advice. I wish you the best and remember to relax, they want to get to know you.

I hope this helps :/

Archived