Interview for Class 2012

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am driving all the way from Virginia. What you think are the chances of interview being re-scheduled?

Honestly, it's doubtful. I am not the PD who would have the final say, but there was a mediocre size storm one of the days last year and we didn't cancel. I know we put a lot of time and effort to make these days happen. For instance I take time out of my clinic schedule to be there for 3 days, as do MANY other ADCOM members. I can't just reschedule my patients. There is no way we could replicate the interview process any other time.

Take time and drive safe. The good thing is once you get north of Maryland the highway departments are used to handling snow so the roads shouldn't be too bad for driving. I used to drive from Baltimore to Syracuse all the time so I know this for a fact.

Guest megruss87

i am also staying at the comfort inn, im still debating on driving or the train, does anyone know if there is any kind of transportation to and from le moyne from the hotel. also, i just wanted to double check on the time we need to be there by, i think i misplaced the letter, is it 8am?

i am also staying at the comfort inn, im still debating on driving or the train, does anyone know if there is any kind of transportation to and from le moyne from the hotel. also, i just wanted to double check on the time we need to be there by, i think i misplaced the letter, is it 8am?

8 AM will get you there with time to relax. Call Sheila the administrative assistant and ask about transportation. 315-445-4745

Guest megruss87
8 AM will get you there with time to relax. Call Sheila the administrative assistant and ask about transportation. 315-445-4745

thank you!

• 10 months later...

My interview is on 8th.I am going from California and so much worry about the snow and wonder how to drive in the heavy snow up there as I have never experienced it!

Also, for those who are traveling from other states, which airport are you going to, Buffalo?

If anyone live around there, do you know how heavy the snow is around that time?

glycogen,

You can actually fly right into Syracuse (SYR) although Rochester or Albany may be cheaper depending on the airline. The Syracuse airport is only 10 minutes from the college.

The snow usually isn't that bad. The road crews are used to keeping the "usual" snow fall off the roads and in good shape. Large storms are a bit different as it would be in any city. The weather is unpredictable that time of year, but it's never really kept anyone away from interviews (or stay longer than planned).

kyoung1,

You have no idea how much you helped me!

I was planning to go to Buffalo and then drive all the way to the college!

That is why I was so much concern about driving.Also, the ticket price to SYR is the same as Buffalo and I might not even need to rent a car.I have few interviews and I am trying to keep my trips as economic as possible as I am not a PA yet to make considerable income!!!!

I really appreciate your help.

Cheers..

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone... I'm interviewing on the 8th as well!! So excited, yet so nervous. Congrats to those who have interviewed or are going to with me. I will be staying at the comfort inn...if anyone needs a ride I would be more than happy to take you...I'm coming in from Buffalo friday night... if anyone wants to meet for dinner feel free to get in touch with me as well...I would love to meet some of you before we get into the interview process... you can email me at maria_levis@hotmail.com. Best of luck to everyone!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived