What's your opinion?

I took A&P over the summer (long ago) and orgo, stats, chem II, and psych this past summer.

Any course is feasible over the summer, but you have to be able to schedule in study time. The courses have all of the content of a full semester, but in much less time. You will need to spend much more time in class and more time at home per week than you would in a regular semester. I don't recommend taking multiple summer classes while working full time. It wasn't fun.

• Administrator
For those who have taken these courses, which do you think would be the best to take over the summer?

-A&P II

-CHEM II

-Microbiology w/ lab

-Orgo

You don't say how many of them you're planning to take. I did Microbiology over the summer myself, but I already had A&P II before I did it.

If two, I'd do A&P and Chem. If three, I'd leave off Organic.

sorry I wasn't clear. probably only one over the summer. IF two, then it would be spread out ie. do one class first session, another 2nd session. I'm also throwing in Genetics! Is that a feasible summer course?

Chemistry is not my strength. Do you think A&P 1&2 need to be taken right after each other? Thanks so much for your opinions!

those are courses you need to understand very well. summer sessions go very fast. if they are premed courses then, i would suggest taking them during the normal semester. if they re prenursing courses then, you may be able to do it during the summer i guess.

I did Organic chem during the summer, and for me it was a bad choice. I barely slept. there was not time for anything else, just eating and going to the bathroom. ;) I wish I would have taken it during the regular year.

I just finished the AP I and II course sequence over the summer. 6 weeks per class meeting 2x/week for 4 hours. I did very well in the course, but feel I short-changed myself. But compared to the gen chem/gen bio double whammy last year at a rigorous program, this was cake. I'll need to refresh AP prior to any matriculation though. It's normally a one full year, 2 sequence course thats been mashed into 12 weeks. But I wasn't waiting another year to apply, so I did what needed to be done at the time. Some folks have suggested a few books on here that make for good reading prior to starting PA classes, which I'll do.

Archived