17 year old arrested for impersonating PA

"...Scheidt told people in the emergency room that he was a student from Nova University who was at the hospital to shadow physician's assistants as part of his clinical education. Scheidt shadowed some physician's assistants, accessed patient records and attended patient consultations."

As if there isn't enough problems getting folks to precept legit PA students... I hope this young man gets the help and guidance he needs. I also hope the Hospital tightens up their credentialing process.

Just doesn't make sense that this thing got so far along without being noticed.

Which leads me to believe that this whole thing may be simply being blown out of proprortion by a disgruntled patient for monetary gain.

From what I read about the incident, it sounds more like a pre-PA wanna-be was "shadowing" and got caught up in the role and probably wasn't properly identifying themselves to the patients. Sounds more like piss-poor supervision and another nail in the coffin of the farce called"shadowing."

As it has been useless "Kabuki Theatre" for a while now.

Which leads me to believe that this whole thing may be simply being blown out of proprortion by a disgruntled patient for monetary gain.

From what I read about the incident, it sounds more like a pre-PA wanna-be was "shadowing" and got caught up in the role and probably wasn't properly identifying themselves to the patients. Sounds more like piss-poor supervision and another nail in the coffin of the farce called"shadowing."

As it has been useless "Kabuki Theatre" for a while now.

True dat! ;-)!

Archived