Sign in to follow this  

class of 2014 Applicants

No word yet here. My application shows everything to be received on the OUHSC portal but I haven't had any correspondence other than my calling to ask questions. At the info session, they made it clear that they do not give preference to in-state residents.

It's mid-late December when interview letters are sent out. Interviews are generally early January and you find out within 2-4 weeks if you got in (late Jan-early Feb). It's just a waiting game at this point.

I got a call from OUHSC today for an interview on Jan. 11th. I've been told by a current student that Tulsa will send out letters for interviews and then call you a couple days after to make sure you got the letter if you don't respond within a couple of days.

Not that it matters because I've already been accepted to a PA program...but I was offered an interview at OUHSC-OKC and UTSouthwestern but denied by OUHSC-TULSA. Wierd......Makes me wonder what applicant criteria the Tulsa campus looks at.

Edited by KhoiFish82

I was denied by Tulsa as well, I hear it's an age thing, for men in particular. I was told I either hadn't finished pre-reqs/had an incomplete app; however, applicant status webpage said I had everything and both campuses have the same requirements so I was confused as well.

I was denied by Tulsa as well, I hear it's an age thing, for men in particular. I was told I either hadn't finished pre-reqs/had an incomplete app; however, applicant status webpage said I had everything and both campuses have the same requirements so I was confused as well.

What do you mean "an age thing"? How old are you, and is that too old or too young?

I got a letter saying my application "was either missing information or it did not meet the minimum program requirements". But I'm sure my application was complete AND that I met all the requirements.

Is 1260 bad? I took it in a rush and had a heavy workload - I never had time to study.

No 1260 is in fact better than what my friend and myself got, and we both got interviews to both campuses.