2012 applicants post here

Folks come November it will be exactly one year from the time I turned in my PA application last year. It was a nerve racking rollercoaster from January until June. I made it to the entrance exam, scored high enough to be interviewed and i was slaughtered in my interview. I can basically say they have their mind made up already before even seeing you. So here I am once again getting new letters of recommendation although that won’t matter once you’re face to face in the interview.

If you have a similar story and you’re a reapplicant please post.

I plan to turn in my Application Late November to Early December

• 3 weeks later...

WE have a long way to go.... Normally you wont get the notice to take the exam until late march, april and early may and the interviews normally around most of may and early june. I said that because they review your file closely your letters of rec and your whole academic history and they determine if you are a good pick for the program alot of times when you get there they just ask you a little question here and there but they already kinda have an idea if they like you or not. The interview in a sense for "MDC" is just something that has to be done..... You know that book on how to get into P.A. school, it tells you that once at the interview nothing else matters... not your GPA, Letters, ETC... not so for MDC. Your interview is just something that has to be done. I will tell you exactlly what is the best chance.... have a

3.7 to 4.0 GPA

No withdrawls from science classes

No C's or even B's in Anatomy, Micro or CHEM

Direct patient healthcare experience TOP of the line is a PARAMEDIC

Make sure you have 12 credits a semester, every semester---- so that you can demonstarte you can handle tough courses and pass em

You most shadow a P.A. for more than 300 hours.

Bachelors is a plus.

If you have what i written up top then you have a 80 to 90% chance of getting in without even getting to the interview. Than work your magic at the interview to achive the other 10%.

• 2 months later...

Hi JpMorgan-PA, I'm also reapplying for the PA program, however I had to declined the oportunity to take the test last year due to personal issues. I'm now trying to prepare for the test to be able to get a chance at an interview. Did you already take the exam??? if yes..How was it??? Please let me know, I'm concerned since I don' t have any medical experience, just volunteer work. Thanks

• 1 month later...

Wow, this is a long application process! Do you they also let you know if you're not accepted? How far did you get in the process last year JP-Morgan? I'm applying to schools both routes, NP and PA, but I prefer PA model of school. The NP program in my area allows family practice and that's your only clinical. After working in the hospital a few years and talking with different fields, MD's, NP's, and PA's I feel PA school is a better fit for me. Why would they be tough on me for being a nurse in the interview though? Have you spoke with anyone that was a nurse that interviewed? I definately want to be prepared if I get far enough for an interview.

I'm so anxious to just hear anything from them, it's going to be a long wait! Good luck to everyone appyling!

Nope they dont even tell you if you werent accepted you just know that its July and you havent been called so basically you didnt make it in, and they dont tell you what your faults or weakness or areas of improvement you need for the second time around. Read my Previous post on BEHIND THE LINES" an inside look into the mdc pa...... Thats my story.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It will be the longest March-May ever just waiting to hear whether you get invited to take the exam. I am a first time applicant and am HOPING & PRAYING that I get accepted into the program at M-DC.

As soon as any one gets any type of response, whether it be good or bad, please post so that we can all gather an idea of what's going on. I asked if you are notified regardless and was told yes.

Good luck to all of you!!!

Thank you; still there is a lot to study. I review the entire book twice and every time that I go back I keep on missing like 10 questions from each chapter. Jpmorgan did the same thing happened to you the first time that you took the test???. By the way, I called the MDC and they do not know when Attonetti will be back. I heard that she is nice but with your previous post I am even thinking on applying next year to Nova or Berry eventhough I have to take the GRE. Had you take it before ???

Archived