Anyone applied this year?2011

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey, I applied to Le Moyne as well. Mrsbeansmama is right, they send out interview invitations between November 21st and December 9th for interviews January 5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th. You should hear whether or not you got in by the end of January. If you still have the e-mail they sent you upon receipt of your application, there is a whole time-line of how everything goes down, quite helpful :) Le Moyne is my first choice, where else did you guys apply?

I applied to Le Moyne, Daemen, Hofstra (accepted), Salus and Kings College. I got rejected from Salus (low interview score), Kings College wanted me to finish A&P II before inviting me for an interview, nothing from Daemen and nothing from Le Moyne yet. That was one of my battles, my biology core program didn't require A&P so I took it after college at a community college, then found out Daemen didn't want community college credits, and thought I needed to retake it at a 4-year. Then found out all the other schools DID accept community college credit but then got accepted to Hofstra and didn't need to finish it. What a roller coaster. Glad I'm in at least one place though... Ugh, so stressful lol.

Sorry for redundant questions on here. And I should have looked at my email confirmation from LeMoyne (that I got back in August) it does nicely outline all their timeline. I applied to D'Youville, Daemen, RIT, LeMoyne, SUNY Upstate and Yale. I notice a couple of you did not include D'Youville in your apps though you may have applied to Daemen. Is that from an evaluation of the quality of that school or because they emphasize the 5 year freshman approach and have few spots for those already with degrees?

adjk1229 -- did you phone or email the school that you got a rejection due to low interview score from to get that info? And were they able or willing to share anything with you that helped you to improve your interview at a subsequent school?

Yes I did call them because it's very frustrating when you spend all your time/money on getting into PA school and they send a simple "no thanks". I was pretty annoyed, so I called and they were great about it. They set up a session with an admissions counselor to discuss my file and it gave me about a week to cool off. Although she couldn't discuss specifics (what I said that threw me under the bus) she just mentioned that my grades were great, my LOR were great and so forth, but my interview score was low and to just practice interviewing skills and to keep applying other places.

Hi Guys,

Nice to see the increase in dialogue here. Iam really hoping for Le Moyne. Everyone is so open w/their experiences, which is refreshing. I was curious what your backgrounds are, where you're from, degrees, HCE anything you want to share. Curious the type of student/applicant attracted to Le Moyne. Anything else you've learned from other school's adm. officials you'd be willing to pass on?

Hey, I'm answering open and honestly because I have nothing to lose and if someone can learn from my mistakes, I'm happy to help, just wish someone had done that for me. My stats are as follows:

GPA: 3.68

Science GPA: 3.6

Degree: Bachelor's of Science in Biology with Pre-Med Minor

HCE: Approximately 2500 hours of CNA experience in a nursing home. Also have done respite work with kids with Down syndrome.

PA Shadowing: About 20 hours but am continuing to look for PAs willing to be shadowed.

Background: From a small town about 45 minutes north of Albany. Graduated from a high school with only 84 kids. Originally wanted to be a vet, but kind of grew up a little once I got into college and decided that human healthcare was more my route. Graduated with my degree and started working as a CNA to get those awful HCE hours and finished up some pre-reqs. Started putting my CASPA application together in the September before I was going to submit it because it's such a beast. That was probably the best thing I did because I wasn't nervous about getting anything in on time. I checked and rechecked my narrative until I thought it was perfect (or as best as I could get it) and made sure everything was up to date right before I submitted it. Just make sure you check all the requirements of the programs you're applying to so you don't get screwed and find out you have to wait another year to take more pre-reqs. Hope this helps :)

GPA 3.3

Science GPA 3.1

Graduated from Stony Brook with a BS in psychology

HCE over 5000 hours as an EMT

Shadowed various healthcare professionals... MD, DO, PA, RN

I've lived on Long Island my whole life. Healthcare has always been in my family. My mom is an RN and my sister is a paramedic. I also wanted to be a vet but that changed when I was diagnosed with a chronic illness when I was 18. Now I want to work with people, help them go through the struggles I've been through and show them that things can get better.

Archived