• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi guys!! I am interviewing Jan 26th as well! How have the interviews been for the ones that have interviewed already? Did they address the recent drop in first time pass rates? That worries me. I applied because its close to home, but I really want a great education also! Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

Hi guys!! I am interviewing Jan 26th as well! How have the interviews been for the ones that have interviewed already? Did they address the recent drop in first time pass rates? That worries me. I applied because its close to home, but I really want a great education also! Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

Claire,

They definitely did address the recent drop in the PANC pass rate and explained to all of the interviewees all of the new action that they have taken to ensure it does not happen again. Their program director just started in February and has set up alot of new procedures to ensure that the scores will never drop that low again. I really loved the school when i interviewed. Don't be nervous, they made it very comfortable for everyone.

Hi Everyone!! So happy for those who have heard!! I interviewed 11/17 and got my letter 11/23!! Sent in my deposit...so excited :) Good luck to everyone interviewing in January!! Like everyone else has been saying...it's very laid back and the interview itself is not intimidating at all!

I am in my second year there and just finished up the fall semester. We are in a transition right now. There are faculty and deans who left in the past year and new people coming in. Our new assistant program director is an old school, tell you like it is type of guy. He will not be afraid of saying anything---and to tell you the truth, he is exactly what we need. He has made some exam impossible to pass and far harder than any PANCE test will ask us. You study and study and you feel like you don't know anything going over the test, but you really do know a ton of info. His exams are doing nothing but good for us once people stop realizing that an A- or B doesn't matter---and he is the first one to tell you that. However, new students may not have him for out 6 credit class bc we just got a new coordinator starting in january.

He also heads up the Physical exam part of the course and he is very good at that--especially compared to previous faculty who ran it (so i have heard). Bottom line is that if you can't handle someone telling you that you are going to fail as a PA or be very abrasive (but ultimately helping you long term, and not taking to heart what he says) then you may want to look elsewhere---seriously. MCPHS has had a rough time the past year, but Jay and a few other new faculty are helping to fix the problems they were brought into.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all, congratulations to all those that have been accepted already. I have an uncoming interview and I was wondering if anyone that has already interviewed can enlighten me on how the interview day is structured? Do they have student, panel, and/or individual interviews? Any info at all is helpful, thank you.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone! I am curious if anyone has received an information email or packet regarding the interview (I have mine Thursday 1/26), such as directions, parking, and what building or room we are to meet in. I have looked for this email and I do not remember receiving one. I made the interview date over the phone. I appreciate any information, Thanks!

@hmortell GOOD LUCK!

Hi everyone! I am curious if anyone has received an information email or packet regarding the interview (I have mine Thursday 1/26), such as directions, parking, and what building or room we are to meet in. I have looked for this email and I do not remember receiving one. I made the interview date over the phone. I appreciate any information, Thanks!

@hmortell GOOD LUCK!

I think that information was sent in an email after you confirm your interview date via phone. I would send you what's in my email but all of the links provided regarding directions, parking, lodging, etc. don't work. However, the email does say to meet in the Richard E. Griffin Academic Center. I would double check your inbox again; If you still can't find the confirmation email, I suggest contacting the admissions office. I'm also interview on the 26th so I'll see you there!

I think that information was sent in an email after you confirm your interview date via phone. I would send you what's in my email but all of the links provided regarding directions, parking, lodging, etc. don't work. However, the email does say to meet in the Richard E. Griffin Academic Center. I would double check your inbox again; If you still can't find the confirmation email, I suggest contacting the admissions office. I'm also interview on the 26th so I'll see you there!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't be discouraged if you haven't received a letter yet. From what I understand after questioning the director of the program at my interview, they send out acceptances on a rolling basis. Each applicant is ranked based on their application, the written scenario, the interview, your personal statement... pretty much everything you do! After each interview, any applicant that has been determined to be ranked in the "definite" category will receive an acceptance letter right away. Other applicants who fall under "most likely" "probably" "maybe" etc. will be mailed out letters by mid-February, which is stated on the website as well. Today just so happens to be mid-February! So either way you should be hearing back soon. Unlike you, I do not think my interview went well :( Normally I interview fairly well but I let nerves get the best of me unfortunately. Hopefully the people who interviewed me could see that! I'm hopeful for an acceptance but I'm not expecting anything. Anyway, I wish you all the best and congrats to those who have been accepted :)

Archived