Not Verified before September 1st :(

knielsen is correct, all the schools I'm applying to with a 9/1/ deadline (6 of them) I called individually just to verify. As long as your application is "completed/not verified" by Sept 1st, that is all that counts.

Just to nail this point home, here is an excerpt from Northeastern University's website - as they have a Sept 1 deadline.

Will I still be considered if I submit my CASPA application by the September 1 deadline but the program does not receive it for another 2 to 4 weeks?

As long as your CASPA application is submitted to CASPA by September 1, the program will still consider it even if we do not receive it right away. However, your CASPA application will not be reviewed if your supplemental application is not received by the program by the September 1 deadline. Both applications are necessary for further consideration.

Yea, that's definitely not correct. I just called 10 minutes ago and they said they are now on to 8/15 which is consistent with what I've been told everyday that I've called this week.

Good luck!

I figured as much. Not sure why, but I've heard the August 7th response twice now. Good news though that they're on the 15th! hopefully both of ours will go out today. Fingers crossed. Good luck to you as well!

shoooot :( Ya i was really suprised because last year when I applied I submitted my application in mid Septemeber and it took a month for it to get verified by CASPA.

Applicants and re-applicants are in two different lines for verification, with the latter going much faster. That's why it was much faster this time around.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I submitted on 8/15 too. If they're on 8/15 apps right now I still have a chance :) I'm applying to MEDEX, & while they state as long as you submit prior to 9/1 you will be considered for the early round of interviews, they also will not really look at any apps that are not complete, which means until the transcripts & CASPA GPA's are calculated & emailed, you will not be considered. Now I can still hope that CASPA finishes up before they choose all the applicants to interview for the first round.

I submitted on 8/15 too. If they're on 8/15 apps right now I still have a chance :) I'm applying to MEDEX, & while they state as long as you submit prior to 9/1 you will be considered for the early round of interviews, they also will not really look at any apps that are not complete, which means until the transcripts & CASPA GPA's are calculated & emailed, you will not be considered. Now I can still hope that CASPA finishes up before they choose all the applicants to interview for the first round.

From what I was told, they only send them out electronically the Monday AFTER they get mailed out (Friday). This means that the next available electronic mailing for us would be 9/5.

Is this wrong? I hope so...

Verified this Saturday. Didn't know CASPA worked on Saturday. Debating whether to call them & beg them to email it early.

CASPA said that each program has the ability to go online and print off your CASPA application and it will be an exact copy of what they will receive in the mail. I think you would have a better shot at begging the school to print it off (telling them why they're your #1) than having CASPA do it.

CASPA said that each program has the ability to go online and print off your CASPA application and it will be an exact copy of what they will receive in the mail. I think you would have a better shot at begging the school to print it off (telling them why they're your #1) than having CASPA do it.

That's probably the best route. You submitted on 8/15 too. Any progress yet?

Archived