Solo ER call

The speed of the crew is the speed of the captain...keep your cool, think, act. be deliberate..this will come with experience. above was right, learn your nurses and what they can do and not do.. ATLS is a must. The medicine will come when you need it. Tintinalli and Accident and emergency Radiology-a survival guide are good to have on hand. If you need help, call early. If you think you should do something, if it just tiptoes through the back of your mind, you should probably go ahead and do it. Been doing this for years and years solo in the sticks....ain't it cool! good luck and welcome to the brotherhood. We are few.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The speed of the crew is the speed of the captain...keep your cool, think, act. be deliberate..this will come with experience. above was right, learn your nurses and what they can do and not do.. ATLS is a must. The medicine will come when you need it. Tintinalli and Accident and emergency Radiology-a survival guide are good to have on hand. If you need help, call early. If you think you should do something, if it just tiptoes through the back of your mind, you should probably go ahead and do it. Been doing this for years and years solo in the sticks....ain't it cool! good luck and welcome to the brotherhood. We are few.

Well stated.

if you think you should do something, if it just tiptoes through the back of your mind, you should probably go ahead and do it. .

very true. Intubation equipment at the bedside...good idea...head ct for the h/a that just doesn't sound like typical migraine in the frequent flyer...good idea....repeating labs/ekg's on pts who really don't look good....good idea...etc

Well, I was a flight medic in the Air Force once upon a time and an emt-b running 911. So, I have seen some things. But I don't start PA school for another few weeks, so it all looks quite spooky from here. (But I CAN'T WAIT!!) I appreciate the opportunity to read the posts on the forums.

Archived