2011 Application cycle: Interviews?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Turn into the parking deck just past the building. You may park on the top level of the parking deck. Enter the building through the double doors in front of you.

Take the elevator to the first floor. Turn right out of the elevators and then right again through the door to go down the hall in the front of the building.

The door at the end of the hall opens into the PA Program reception area.

These are the directions on the Wake Forest PA website under "about physician assistant studies" then "directions to PA program". Hope this helps! See you Monday!!!

There will probably be someone in the parking deck in the morning to give you a parking hangtag - they will be more than happy to help, I'm sure. Good luck! :)

Hey guys, I interviewed yesterday and it was a good experience. I recommend getting a good night sleep the night before (easier said than done since I hardly slept sunday night) and just be yourself. They try to make you feel as comfortable as possible and I didn't feel any intimidation at all. You guys will do fine. Good luck everyone!

• 2 weeks later...
Has anyone heard any good news from WF that interviewed earlier in the month?

Nothing. I'm secretly hoping they somehow got delayed in making phone calls and we'll hear on Monday...cause Monday would be thier "you'll hear back in 2 weeks if you're a top pick" deadline day. I'm sure that's just wishful thinking though. Maybe someone will post who actually got the call today and clear it up for us. Many of the 1st yrs I spoke with didn't get the call until Feb or March, so I'll just continue pacing back and forth until then. :)

Congratulations jsteen! For the rest of us, should we assume that the committee meets on Thursdays? Also, does anyone know if they send rejections this soon after interviews, or how they get sent? Good luck everyone!

Someone correct me if I'm wrong on this: I think they said only the top picks get the call at 2 weeks. Seems from last year's post that we would have heard on Thurs or Fri. The rest of us have to wait with no specific time line. They might have said they give out rejections in Jan (?). Quite a few 1st yrs said they didn't get the call until months later, some even into March. I'm just glad to know that they made the initial calls already so I can stop staring at my phone. I'll post here when I hear something from them. I'm hoping the future interviewees choose other programs or don't like PBL so there will be a seat for me! :)

During interview day we were told that they are expecting roughly 1,000 applications and plan on interviewing ~190 applicants. There are 8 interview dates: 2 in September, 2 in October, 2 in November, and 2 in January. There are 64 spots in the 2014 class. Note that all of this information is not verified and could change.

The way I understood the acceptance process is this...I may be wrong though. September interviewees (~48) are looked at as a group and up to 25% of class size (~16) is offered acceptance. Those who interviewed in September who did not receive acceptance are put into a pending pile. October interviewees (~48) are then looked at as a group plus applicants in the pending group. Up to an additional 25% of class is offered acceptance plus any slots that were not filled from the September interview. Those who interviewed in September or October who did not receive acceptance are put into the pending pile. November interviewees (~48) are then looked at as a group plus applicants in the pending group. Up to an additional 25% of class is offered acceptance plus any spots that were not filled from the first 50%. Those who interviewed in September, October, or November who did not receive acceptance are put into the pending pile. January interviewees (~48) are then looked at as a group plus applicants in the pending group. The final 25% of class is offered acceptance plus any spots that were not filled from the first 70%. Those at this point who have not been offered a slot in the class are divided into two groups of ~60 each. The first group is rejected and the 2nd group is placed on a waiting list. This is just how I interpreted what was said, I could be wrong!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived