Interviews?

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got a confirmation that they had everything but one letter of rec on August 8th (before the deadline), and CASPA had already received my last letter at that time, but I didn't get a confirmation that they'd received my last letter until the 23rd (after the deadline) so I'm not sure if they considered my application amongst the early deadline applicants. On September 15th I got an invitation to interview November 29th. Hope that helps!

Hey yall,

I'm in the current class of 2013. I'm another one that didn't hear anything from Duke until December, then interviewed in February. There were 4 people from my interview date that were accepted into the class, so really try not to stress if you haven't heard yet. It's still pretty early!

Hi everyone,

Congrats to everyone who has received interviews. I'm interviewing Tuesday, November 8th but will be arriving Monday afternoon. At a few other schools I've interviewed with, I met up with a few interviewees the day before for coffee/tea/dinner and found it really enjoyable to meet people the day before. If anyone would be interested in meeting up Monday, I say the more the merrier- just let me know.

Best of luck to everyone!

Hey all, I got my application complete email on Aug 31 and still haven't heard anything.....should I be expecting a letter or an email? I have already heard back from all the other schools I applied to and have interviewed as well. I'm not really sure what to think at this point.....

hgpaddoc- they email you to invite you for an interview.

Everyone else- SDS is totally right; timing doesn't seem to matter as far as acceptances (just the number of grey/white hairs you get while waiting to hear!!); I interviewed at the end of January (submitting my supplemental application mid-Nov;getting invited Dec 9) and 5/12 people in my interview group got accepted! Like everyone says: Be yourself!! Also: Be on time and don't be crazy. :) A little crazy is ok; a lot- not so much. Can't wait to see you this week td and RiaRie! Best of luck to you!!

• 2 weeks later...

I received an email invite yesterday for an interview January 23. Anyone else have an interview that day?

To those of you that have already been through the interview process...

1. What's the format like? Groups? Individual interviews? How many interviews? How many interviewers?

2. What the dress code like?

3. What kinds of questions? Is it a getting to know you kind of thing or are they diving into health care policy and things like that?

4. How long before you heard back about getting accepted or not?

5. Anything else worth mentioning?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello All!

I submitted my app after the "Early" deadline and got the email roughly about mid Oct. Actually I think it was Oct 19th for a January 9th interview.

They are pretty expeditious over there but no news is sometimes good news in their case. Be patient and focus on being a strong candidate for interview time.

Don't give up hope you guys! I was feeling the exact same way but just earlier today I got an e-mail inviting me for an interview! I submitted my CASPA at the end of August, a few days after the early dedline was up, and I just heard back now. It was a long 4 months to wait, thats for sure!

Hey guys I just received an email today inviting me for an interview jan 24th! I'm so excited and nervous at the same time! Can anyone who has had an interview already give me any key pointers as to what to expect, what kind of questions are asked and what the group activity is like? Also, is anyone else scheduled to interview on the 24th??

Archived