Interviews?

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello All, I'm a current second year. I know the waiting game is hard. When I applied, I submitted all materials by mid-July, received my confirmation email from them a few weeks later, and didn't hear anything else till the end of December, when I got my interview invite for the second week of February. There really doesn't seem to be any advantage to interviewing sooner rather than later, from my class's experience, on average it seemed that 4 students from each interview group were accepted, 4 were rejected, and 4 were wait listed(I was the last week of interviews and 4 of us made it). And grades aren't everything, my overall gpa was 3.0, with a science gpa of 2.95(my post-bac science classes helped bring this up). I had 7 years of experience as an EMT and good letters of recommendation. Good luck!

Clemson, last year I submitted my supplemental app in mid-November, got an email that they had everything around Thanksgiving, an invite to interview in early Dec and my interview was in January (as were a lot of my classmates'). I interviewed on a Thursday and found out I'd been accepted that following Tuesday! The one thing I can tell you all is that Duke is quick! :D You should get a "yes" or "no" that following week! No long waits. If you do get a long wait it's because you are a "maybe." Good luck to everyone and I can't wait to meet you when you come for your interviews!!

Totally shocked....got a rejection letter today :( Had excellent grades, 3.89 in prerequisites, 19 years as a corpsman, and excellent reference letters. Not sure what happened, pretty bummed. HOwever, I do have an interview at U. of WA and George Washington so far! Best wishes to all that applied, have interviews scheduled, or still waiting...don't give up!!!!!!!

I am so anxious waiting to hear back about an interview... I submitted before August 15th and got the 'application complete' email on Aug 31st. Is it still early for Duke? Their email said they send out invites starting late September through early December, but it seems like they've filled up quite a few interview sessions if they're now scheduling for December.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived