2016-2017 Stanford PCAP application cycle

I didn't receive thie GRE email. My unofficial scores are on CASPA since other schools required them, and I also sent my official scores to the school. My scores are on the high end percentile-wise.

Thank you for your input on this. I am not sure what you consider to be high but like I had said, mine were around 70 percentile. I am leaning towards the unofficial score theory. By all means, they should be able to see unofficial scores if the scores were posted through CASPA because that preview pdf we can view is also the one they see. I am sure all those who did not have unofficial scores posted were sent the email, if those persons were indeed given consideration. 

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was called, emailed and then emailed again about my scores.  My official GRE score was sent to Stanford Oct 1st and they called the beginning of November saying they had not received them. I confirmed with ETS that they were sent, but apparently they got lost in the shuffle. Stanford requested I add my unofficial scores to CASPA, so I think that's where they were checking for scores.  Hope this helps!

Apparently a lot of issues with GRE scores being sent. Mine were sent to the correct code begging of august. I got a call and email saying they were never received, even though I had confirmation from ETS they were sent. I don't know if this was an issue with why I didn't receive an interview invite or not.

• 3 weeks later...

Why do we have 90 min slots for our interview then?

I think they just say 90 minutes so in case they go over, you dont make plans to travel home directly after (like make flight plans or something). My group was a couple minutes late starting because they were finishing up the first group. Probably took about an hour total the second day. 

Would anyone mind sharing how much walking is involved on the tour? And did it rain while you were on the tour/do I need to bring an umbrella? Just trying to decide how to pack!

Hi there! The walking tour has quite a bit of walking between buildings , up/down stairs, and across campus. I would definitely recommend wearing shoes that you can comfortably walk in.

I had my tour this past Friday (the 13th), which fortunately was during extremely beautiful sunny weather so I did not need any extra gear. However, the week before had quite a bit of rain, in which case, the staff said that they had a few extra umbrellas, but I imagine most applicants had brought rain coats or shared umbrellas. I'd say it's better to be over prepared if the weather forecast is rain! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi there! The walking tour has quite a bit of walking between buildings , up/down stairs, and across campus. I would definitely recommend wearing shoes that you can comfortably walk in.

I had my tour this past Friday (the 13th), which fortunately was during extremely beautiful sunny weather so I did not need any extra gear. However, the week before had quite a bit of rain, in which case, the staff said that they had a few extra umbrellas, but I imagine most applicants had brought rain coats or shared umbrellas. I'd say it's better to be over prepared if the weather forecast is rain! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perfect! Thank you so much for the info! :) 

Perfect! Thank you so much for the info! :) 

Adding to what Denise said, I was the part of the group that interviewed when it was raining. If you're not from California, the rain here is pretty on and off. We were able to go out when it was barely sprinkling. No one had umbrellas but it was pretty cold so bring a jacket. I would bring an umbrella just in case because it is supposed to rain this weekend. Good luck!

Archived