2016-2017 Stanford PCAP application cycle

I got an interview invite 11/29 and submitted my app on 11/01. Honestly I was very surprised!

My stats are:

HCE ~ 400 (mainly clinical research)

PCE ~  1200 (of which ~900 were as a medical assistant; other was misc.)

Shadowing ~ 75

Non-clinical research ~ 5000

sci-GPA - 3.35

nonsci-GPA - 3.5

^from a selective college, not sure if they consider this

GRE Verbal - 166

GRE Quant - 164

That is really exciting! Congrats and best of luck at the interview! Thanks for posting your stats!

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For those that got interviews, it says "Please respond to this email by December 9th" but the email is sent from a donotreply email. Anyone know who we contact to confirm the interview? 

If you click reply it will go to an individual's e-mail address. I wondered the same thing at first. 

Would anyone mind posting their stats? :)

Congrats on this first step! When did you all submit your application??

I submitted my application on 10/5/2016. Received a call in late October from admissions saying they liked my application but suggested I retake the GRE since my score was just "average"... but I was told I would still be extended an interview invite otherwise with the current score.

undergraduate GPA: 3.4

Graduate GPA: 3.8

science GPA: 3.5

HCE/PCE: ~6000+ hrs pharmacy tech and clinical research

2 years of laboratory research in graduate school

GRE: 152ish 

Extras: Scholarly output in the form of published co-author multiple times and multiple research conference presentations, taught biology labs in graduate school, strong recommendations, community service with underserved populations

Hope this helps those who are still waiting... Good luck!

Received an interview! Has anyone received more information about financial aid and how much on average students pay? Stanford is twice the cost of most other schools (~$147,000).. I'm very interested in their program but I definitely can't afford to pay that on top of my undergrad loans.

Where are you getting that figure from?? Might just turn down the interview invite if that's true :O

I submitted my application on 10/5/2016. Received a call in late October from admissions saying they liked my application but suggested I retake the GRE since my score was just "average"... but I was told I would still be extended an interview invite otherwise with the current score.

undergraduate GPA: 3.4

Graduate GPA: 3.8

science GPA: 3.5

HCE/PCE: ~6000+ hrs pharmacy tech and clinical research

2 years of laboratory research in graduate school

GRE: 152ish 

Extras: Scholarly output in the form of published co-author multiple times and multiple research conference presentations, taught biology labs in graduate school, strong recommendations, community service with underserved populations

Hope this helps those who are still waiting... Good luck!

It is odd that Stanford would tell you to retake the GRE and still extend an interview. Their Medical School (which is now where the PA admissions resides) is known for determining academic readiness as a conditional statement; yes or no. By this nature, the extension of an interview for you means that they view you as academically prepared, despite the remarks were made about your GRE. 

For those of you who have replied to the interview invite with your chosen dates, did you get a confirmation that they indeed received your email? 

I just received my confirmation! Scheduled for Jan 6-7. Hopefuly I'll be seeing some of you there! Really excited to learn more about this program :)

I received an email that seemed sort of odd, considering I already have an interview (hence what we have been discussing). The body is quoted below. Anyone else get this email? My theory is this could just be a canned response, since it was addressed "Dear applicant" and referenced nothing about my candidacy. What do you guys think? 

"We recognize that you have probably sent your official GRE scores to Stanford University, and thank you for doing so.  However, we kindly request that you reply to this e-mail and provide us with your unofficial scores.  Due to pending technical integration issues between CASPA and the University Registrar's office, we are unable to view applicants’ official GRE scores until we have identified those applicants that we are considering extending an offer of admission to."    

I received an email that seemed sort of odd, considering I already have an interview (hence what we have been discussing). The body is quoted below. Anyone else get this email? My theory is this could just be a canned response, since it was addressed "Dear applicant" and referenced nothing about my candidacy. What do you guys think? 

"We recognize that you have probably sent your official GRE scores to Stanford University, and thank you for doing so.  However, we kindly request that you reply to this e-mail and provide us with your unofficial scores.  Due to pending technical integration issues between CASPA and the University Registrar's office, we are unable to view applicants’ official GRE scores until we have identified those applicants that we are considering extending an offer of admission to."    

I got the same email and thought it was because of my GRE score that questioned as being on the low end. Maybe call them to confirm?

I will most likely be declining my interview date scheduled for 1/20 - 1/21 since I just received acceptance into another program (YAYYY!). Hopefully someone who is waiting for an interview invite might get a shot at Stanford!

Good luck to you all!

Congrats on your acceptance! I wish you the best of luck! As for the GRE email, you had said in a previous post they offered you an interview despite what they (or yourself) perceived your scores to be. However, in the body of this recent email that apparently you received as well, they claimed the scores may not have been received. If they did indeed give you feedback on your scores and then gave you an interview, that means this email does not add up to the circumstances and they in fact DID see your scores. I thought my scores to be fine and the feedback from other schools tend to agree. But this is a bizarre situation. 

Congrats on your acceptance! I wish you the best of luck! As for the GRE email, you had said in a previous post they offered you an interview despite what they (or yourself) perceived your scores to be. However, in the body of this recent email that apparently you received as well, they claimed the scores may not have been received. If they did indeed give you feedback on your scores and then gave you an interview, that means this email does not add up to the circumstances and they in fact DID see your scores. I thought my scores to be fine and the feedback from other schools tend to agree. But this is a bizarre situation. 

Totally agree. When I saw the e-mail I wasn't sure why they are claiming they can't see the GRE score when that was the reason for the call I received from him (Mr. Tovar). Either way, maybe just replying back with your score should be sufficient but again pointless if you already have an interview invite.

A few people I spoke with were concerned about the program because they said they were unorganized and typically unresponsive. This seems to fall into that explanation. Hopefully they get it all ironed out

I am hoping for an interview still. They called me about my GRE scores back in November a couple weeks before I took GRE (I took GRE on November 11th) and they sounded pleased and said please let us know as soon as you complete GRE. As other applicants noted, the due date was today for interview RSVPs for those who received interview invites as I saw from a few posts. It seems they only have sent one set of interview invites to a selected group. Hopeful for making another email blast for interview invites :) I wish the best to those who have received interviews and those who are hopeful like myself :) 

Did you all who got email about GRE scores update your CASPA with the unofficial scores?

I am hoping for an interview still. They called me about my GRE scores back in November a couple weeks before I took GRE (I took GRE on November 11th) and they sounded pleased and said please let us know as soon as you complete GRE. As other applicants noted, the due date was today for interview RSVPs for those who received interview invites as I saw from a few posts. It seems they only have sent one set of interview invites to a selected group. Hopeful for making another email blast for interview invites :) I wish the best to those who have received interviews and those who are hopeful like myself :) 

Did you all who got email about GRE scores update your CASPA with the unofficial scores?

Your take is interesting. I never received any such phone call or any seeming interest on their behalf, even though my GRE scores were not submitted to them officially until a little over three weeks after submitting my application to Stanford. About a month after I submitted my scores, after receiving no communication from them whatsoever, I received an interview invite. My GRE scores could be considered "good" (60-70 percentile aggregate) but not outstanding by any means.

Your question about the canned email some of us (myself included) received - I did not put my unofficial scores on CASPA per their program instructions. They requested specifically the scores be sent to their code and otherwise they cannot see them. My questions now are 1. Who DIDN'T receive this email and if you did not, were your unofficial scores placed on CASPA and/or communicated to Stanford previously? And 2. If you only submitted officially and did not receive this email, was your GRE score on the hight end? My theory is one of these possibilities: A. The admissions sent this canned email out to all applicants they were once interested in as a reminder because they noticed they did not ever receive some scores (i.e. perhaps they are still interested in you, but did not see your GRE score so didn't send interview invite) or B. They established an unspoken GRE cutoff score later on in the admissions process that didn't take effect until later (which is why they are sending out this email now). 

Your take is interesting. I never received any such phone call or any seeming interest on their behalf, even though my GRE scores were not submitted to them officially until a little over three weeks after submitting my application to Stanford. About a month after I submitted my scores, after receiving no communication from them whatsoever, I received an interview invite. My GRE scores could be considered "good" (60-70 percentile aggregate) but not outstanding by any means.

Your question about the canned email some of us (myself included) received - I did not put my unofficial scores on CASPA per their program instructions. They requested specifically the scores be sent to their code and otherwise they cannot see them. My questions now are 1. Who DIDN'T receive this email and if you did not, were your unofficial scores placed on CASPA and/or communicated to Stanford previously? And 2. If you only submitted officially and did not receive this email, was your GRE score on the hight end? My theory is one of these possibilities: A. The admissions sent this canned email out to all applicants they were once interested in as a reminder because they noticed they did not ever receive some scores (i.e. perhaps they are still interested in you, but did not see your GRE score so didn't send interview invite) or B. They established an unspoken GRE cutoff score later on in the admissions process that didn't take effect until later (which is why they are sending out this email now). 

I didn't receive thie GRE email. My unofficial scores are on CASPA since other schools required them, and I also sent my official scores to the school. My scores are on the high end percentile-wise.

Archived