2016-2017 Stanford PCAP application cycle

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hello! I'm debating on when to apply for PA schools but was wondering for those that have applied to Stanford, do they only count hands-on health-care hours towards the 500 HCE? I've worked as a medical scribe at an ER for about a year but I know some schools do not count scribe as hands-on hours. Does anyone here know specifically whether Stanford counts scribe hours or not?

Thanks! :)

hello! I'm debating on when to apply for PA schools but was wondering for those that have applied to Stanford, do they only count hands-on health-care hours towards the 500 HCE? I've worked as a medical scribe at an ER for about a year but I know some schools do not count scribe as hands-on hours. Does anyone here know specifically whether Stanford counts scribe hours or not?

Thanks! :)

This is directly from their website (I took it today): 

What type of "clinical healthcare experience" is accepted for the program?

The type of clinical experience required is not narrowly defined.  At a minimum, it should involve interacting with patients in a health care setting and require critical thinking.  Roles that require "hands-on" experience (touching patients) are highly desirable. 

Florida applicant here! Praying for an interview email! Just received my official GRE scores from ETS so they have all they need. Anyone hear back yet? If I get in, I will be probably looking for a roomie in San Jose/ Palo Alto area.

Hey there!! Fellow knight here!! Can't believe I'm not the only one from UCF applying here this round! Good luck to ya!

Congrats to those who got their emails :) did you all apply early in cycle? High GRE? Do you get to pick your interview date? They said they are doing interviews Jan-March. Unless that has changed.

I received my interview invite last night as well! Since Stanford's app opened so late, I applied almost right when it opened since I already had most everything ready. I'd say my GRE is fairly high in the percentiles, but I don't think that would be a deciding factor for Stanford. And yes, you get to pick your interview date. They offered 3 dates in January as stated above, all Friday-Saturday (2 day interview). But I'm sure they will continue to offer interviews until March since that's what it says online! I'm sure they just wanted to fill the earlier dates.

I was just invited for an interview as well and I'm still in shock but also so excited! I didn't submit until late October. For those asking about additional interview dates, it looks like the program recently updated their website as it says they will have additional dates in February as needed. (http://med.stanford.edu/pa/admissions/admissions-timeline.html)

I was just invited for an interview as well and I'm still in shock but also so excited! I didn't submit until late October. For those asking about additional interview dates, it looks like the program recently updated their website as it says they will have additional dates in February as needed. (http://med.stanford.edu/pa/admissions/admissions-timeline.html)

Did you receive it today?

Congrats to all you got them! Noticed that the other dates outside of January are as needed. Have this overwhelming feeling that those who have heard will be the only ones interviewed. With the exception on a few people who may be asked due to people who decline. But, I Still got to keep the hope until the rejection letter. Would anyone who got the invitation be willing to post their stats? specifically hours worked and gpa? Thank you, congrats again.

I got an interview invite 11/29 and submitted my app on 11/01. Honestly I was very surprised!

My stats are:

HCE ~ 400 (mainly clinical research)

PCE ~  1200 (of which ~900 were as a medical assistant; other was misc.)

Shadowing ~ 75

Non-clinical research ~ 5000

sci-GPA - 3.35

nonsci-GPA - 3.5

^from a selective college, not sure if they consider this

GRE Verbal - 166

GRE Quant - 164

Archived