2016-2017 Stanford PCAP application cycle

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Has anyone received an email saying their caspa application has been received?

I called them a month ago or so, and they said they don't send out emails notifying applicants their applications are compelte. So I guess it's just a waiting game now for interviews?

Hmm....interesting that it is now a 30 month program instead of 21 months like it was previously.

I think during the info session they said that the 30 months includes breaks, so it's actually closer to 24-26 months if you take out things like summer vacation.

At the info session did they say anything about when they would start to send out interview invites? I applied 8/1 and I haven't heard anything yet. I know their site says that they review applications from August-January, just figured that they would have said something in person.

Looking for advice on the first essay, regarding a future practice scenario. I am not 100% certain what specialty I want to practice as a PA. I've worked in ER, Ortho and really look forward to exposure from the rotations to find the best fit for my future PA career. Do you guys all know what you want to do and did you write about that? 

Did the info session address the absolutely astronomical increase in tuition?

They didn't say anything specific but (again I'm making assumptions here) the current program, while it is a Stanford program most of the class are administered via Foothill Community College ....this means the cost per unit is MUCH cheaper. Once the core classes are completed students then take online classes to receive their Masters. The new program however is completely done within Stanford University. Classes are taken along side the medical students.....as a result the cost per unit goes up...by a lot.

Archived