2016-2017 Stanford PCAP application cycle

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh wow, I'm really glad I decided to randomly take a look at this thread as I didn't realize they had switched to a master's program. I will definitely be applying now but it looks like they favor students with research experience. Can anyone confirm that? I wonder if they've said anything about that at the info sessions. I'm also surprised that they dropped the PCH number significantly. I believe it was a minimum of 3,000 last year and now it's only 500.

Have you all seen that tuition rate? $16,329 x 9 quarters = $146,961. YIKES!

I wonder why their PANCE pass rate is low - only 89% (national average is 94%).

As a 1980 graduate of Stanford who went for free, this is disappointing. But I am not surprised at all. The slightly lower PANCE rate before was due to the program really reaching out to underrepresented students who had the experience but may have been at a slight disadvantage academically. Statistically there is a real difference between students who have leafy gotten a BS and those who have not on standardized tests.

But even with the increased cost, this likely represents a better deal than the current price plus the tuition for a st. Francis masters. I am mostly disappointed that they dropped the HCE and now want research experience instead. It will be very interesting to see the demographics of their first class, and they had better put the full advantage of the Stanford clinics and hospital into the rotations. And then it will be interesting to see how many grads go into primary care versus specialties. Will they fill with Stanford and UC undergrads who did not want to go to medical school? Or will they stick with the mission?

• 2 weeks later...

have you heard anything from them yet?

Literally was just about to ask the same thing! I applied on 8/08, my CASPA was verified 5/31 and I haven't heard a word. 

I applied on 08/05 and was CASPA verified on 06/26 and haven't received any communication from the admissions dept either!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Has anyone's GRE been officialized on their PDF download of the CASPA? I've sent mine a few weeks ago and the only thing showing is an unofficial input of them. I made sure I sent it to the appropriate place.

Mine is still only showing up as unofficial as well and I submitted the scores over a month ago. What code did you submit to? 

I don't think we will ever see the official GRE score on CASPA application. When I sent my score to Stanford, it's only the school itself. For other schools, they will have an option of the school name with CASPA word after it, which means it will be sent to CASPA instead and will only show on the application for the chosen school. I don't know if we should call the school to make sure they have received either. Still finishing up my supplemental questions. Good luck everyone!

Archived