2011-2012 applicants

I got a letter saying they received my applications. They said they do not notify for interviews until December even though they are on rolling admissions. I guess patience is a virtue, right? Was your application complete (all pre-reqs and HCE completed)? Mine wasn't, so I have notified them as I have completed classes this summer. I do get return e-mails saying they will update my file, so that is better than complete silence for 6 months!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Don't fret. My letter was sent on 12-15 but I didn't get it until 12-20, which means it took five days to get from ECU to Charlotte (where I live). Five days to make a trip that I could drive in four hours!

Factor in the busy Christmas mailing season and the complexity of scheduling interview slots (it takes more time to allocate an interview date to a person than it does to send them a rejection), and I wouldn't be surprised if some people don't get their invites until January.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thank you for the info kak3521. Did you feel that your interview went well? It starts in August, but I don't know the exact date off the top of my head.

coolbreeze- have you heard anything yet? I was under the impression that everyone should have received either a rejection letter or an interview invite by now. Maybe you should call to see?

Well, before they updated their website to say that they were mailing the final interview invites, I called because I thought I should have received something by that time. Ms. Hodges answered and was very nice, so I don't think I annoyed her. I do not know anyone that has gotten a rejection letter, but when I spoke to Ms. Hodges I told her my name and that I had not yet received a rejection letter or an interview invite and was wanting to check on that. She answered immediately that the last round of invites was being mailed that week and I should hear something by the end of the next week. She did not check my file or anything, so I was under the impression that she knew I was getting an invite since I hadn't gotten a rejection. Though, maybe she actually remembered my name and knew because of that. Regardless, I do not think you will annoy them. You could also try e-mailing Ms. Hodges directly- she has always returned my e-mails fairly quickly.

Archived