Fall 2012 Applicants

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everyone! Today, I received an email inviting me for an interview on the Miami campus. They gave me 3 dates to choose from, so I wonder how many more seats are left as well.

Does anyone know the total seats each year? I tried to find this quickly just now and I cannot.

Either way, I will most likely be going to the Feb 10th one. Barry is a top choice for me since my friends and family are in Florida. Hope to meet some of you there!

Hi everyone! Today, I received an email inviting me for an interview on the Miami campus. They gave me 3 dates to choose from, so I wonder how many more seats are left as well.

Does anyone know the total seats each year? I tried to find this quickly just now and I cannot.

Either way, I will most likely be going to the Feb 10th one. Barry is a top choice for me since my friends and family are in Florida. Hope to meet some of you there!

I remember reading somewhere in previous forums that they filled up their seats in December, and keep interviewing for the waitlist. I'm not sure if that is true because it was on these forums. I felt confident about the whole interview process, even Dr. Fien, the physician that interviewed my group was saying that many people get accepted from the waitlist before the start of classes and there are a lot of open seats that are not filled. I wanted to ask if a lot of people from our group got waitlisted to see if this was true. If it is, maybe they are keeping a reserve to pull from once accepted students start dropping like flies because they choose other programs? I'm trying to stay positive!

I remember reading somewhere in previous forums that they filled up their seats in December, and keep interviewing for the waitlist. I'm not sure if that is true because it was on these forums. I felt confident about the whole interview process, even Dr. Fien, the physician that interviewed my group was saying that many people get accepted from the waitlist before the start of classes and there are a lot of open seats that are not filled. I wanted to ask if a lot of people from our group got waitlisted to see if this was true. If it is, maybe they are keeping a reserve to pull from once accepted students start dropping like flies because they choose other programs? I'm trying to stay positive!

To those that are on the waitlist, do not lose hope! I'm a current first year student at St.Pete and can tell you that many of the students in my class were taken off the waiting list. Some interviewed as late as Feb. Some got accepted only weeks before the start of class. There are a lot of movements before school starts. There is still hope for everyone! Good luck! :)

To those that are on the waitlist, do not lose hope! I'm a current first year student at St.Pete and can tell you that many of the students in my class were taken off the waiting list. Some interviewed as late as Feb. Some got accepted only weeks before the start of class. There are a lot of movements before school starts. There is still hope for everyone! Good luck! :)

I interviewed in December and was waitlisted as I'm pretty sure the majority of my group was. From what I have heard there is a lot of movement off the waitlist, but I also suspect the majority of people who interview who are not accepted are put on the wait list. So I'm guessing the waitlist could be upwards of 50 -100??? Which I hope I am wrong, and would be nice to know your "spot" on the list. Good luck!

I interviewed in December and was waitlisted as I'm pretty sure the majority of my group was. From what I have heard there is a lot of movement off the waitlist, but I also suspect the majority of people who interview who are not accepted are put on the wait list. So I'm guessing the waitlist could be upwards of 50 -100??? Which I hope I am wrong, and would be nice to know your "spot" on the list. Good luck!

I really hope all this is not the case, but after reading the comments of everyone here, it sure sounds like it. I was so excited to get invited for an interview, but it looks like it may be more difficult than expected. Even if it goes incredibly well, I will likely be added to the wait list regardless (below a bunch of other great applicants already on it!).

Did they address this at any of the interviews? Did they mention how many seats were actually left?

To those that are already waitlisted, please keep the forum updated if you get accepted and spots open up!?

Thanks! =)

I really hope all this is not the case, but after reading the comments of everyone here, it sure sounds like it. I was so excited to get invited for an interview, but it looks like it may be more difficult than expected. Even if it goes incredibly well, I will likely be added to the wait list regardless (below a bunch of other great applicants already on it!).

Did they address this at any of the interviews? Did they mention how many seats were actually left?

To those that are already waitlisted, please keep the forum updated if you get accepted and spots open up!?

Thanks! =)

If you don't mind my asking, how did you guys find out you were waitlisted? I interviewed on the 13th for St. Croix, but have yet to hear back. When I interviewed, we were told that they were expanding the St. Croix campus to 18 students this year, and had filled 9 spots already. I've been compulsively checking my email since then, and trying to stay positive! :)

If you don't mind my asking, how did you guys find out you were waitlisted? I interviewed on the 13th for St. Croix, but have yet to hear back. When I interviewed, we were told that they were expanding the St. Croix campus to 18 students this year, and had filled 9 spots already. I've been compulsively checking my email since then, and trying to stay positive! :)

I was notified by email

I applied the last week, interviewed for the waitlist in March and was accepted about a week later :-) Don't give up! I am so happy to be part of this class. After you interview, you (and the staff) will know if it is the right place for you.

Archived