Fall 2012 Applicants

natacha--they will probably make final decisions for those who've interviewed by December 15th, but they will interview for the waitlist all the way through may or later (or at least they have in the past). there are people in my class now who were interviewing for the waitlist but then offered a seat like a week later...granted this is all based on previous years but just thought i'd throw it out there for you! good luck to all!

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just got an interview invite this morning for December 9th. I can't make it until January, does this mean I'll be interviewing for the wait list?

I also got an interview invite this morning. December 9th is such short notice. I am also wondering if it is for the wait list...hmm

I just received an interview invite today for a January date. Such late notice! I was excited about this program but flying across the country to interview somewhere where they already have accepted most of their class ... i don't know about that, especially since i've been accepted to a much higher-ranked program already. mhhpphh....:=Z:

Anagoldberg, do you mind me asking when your CASPA was submitted? I have also been accepted elsewhere, but I would have liked to have seen Barry and interviewed there. Unfortunately though I have not received any information from them and am a bit concerned. Calling them doesn't help as they just let me know that they are very busy and have only 2 people reviewing applications.

Anagoldberg, do you mind me asking when your CASPA was submitted? I have also been accepted elsewhere, but I would have liked to have seen Barry and interviewed there. Unfortunately though I have not received any information from them and am a bit concerned. Calling them doesn't help as they just let me know that they are very busy and have only 2 people reviewing applications.

I got an interview invite as well. My applications were mailed by caspa on 9/16 and I am going to be interviewing at Midwestern and Barry in Jan. I have already accepted my seat elsewhere but am still not sure how I got such an early interview and acceptance from the other school. I know my CASPA apps were submitted later than alot but being that I am changing careers I had to wait till summer grades posted or else I would have too many pre reqs....I still havent heard from about half of the programs I applied to.....the waiting game is the worst...

natacha--they will probably make final decisions for those who've interviewed by December 15th, but they will interview for the waitlist all the way through may or later (or at least they have in the past). there are people in my class now who were interviewing for the waitlist but then offered a seat like a week later...granted this is all based on previous years but just thought i'd throw it out there for you! good luck to all!

The letter I received today which confirmed my interview for Jan stated " It is possible that the class may be filled prior to the completion of the interview cycle. In that event, candidates with a confirmed interview date will automatically be considered for wait list." The way I read that is that the class is not confirmed at this time. They have 3 interview dates scheduled for January so I highly doubt they are close to giving out all of their seats at this time....

I was actually accepted to the NOVA-Orlando campus in November but today I just received an interview invite for Barry. So I'm stuck deciding if I want to interview or not for a campus that is possibly already filled at the Miami shores one since I wouldn't to go the St. Croix campus. I can't talk for the Main Nova campus but with the Orlando campus is very small so you don't have the same resources as you would if you went to the main campus. Miami is a much bigger city thus more hospitals than Orlando.

I was actually accepted to the NOVA-Orlando campus in November but today I just received an interview invite for Barry. So I'm stuck deciding if I want to interview or not for a campus that is possibly already filled at the Miami shores one since I wouldn't to go the St. Croix campus. I can't talk for the Main Nova campus but with the Orlando campus is very small so you don't have the same resources as you would if you went to the main campus. Miami is a much bigger city thus more hospitals than Orlando.

OOps, I forgot to clarify....I was referring to the main FtL campus. I was accepted there and I am interviewing at Barry in Jan. Thankfully I live in south Florida so I dont have to fly in to interview but was just curious if I were to be accepted at Barry also what some of the pros and cons to Barry vs. Nova Ft. Lauderdale would possibly be. My sister lives in Orlando so I drove past the Nova Orlando campus....way way way way different.....

Did anyone else today get a email regarding their status? I was wait listed. Anyone get accepted? If so, would you mind sharing your GPA, etc? Does everyone who interviews get wait listed? I wonder what the chances are of being pulled off the wait list since they are interviewing still?

Yes I got accepted from the email yesterday. I will be declining my spot and at NOVA as well as I just got accepted to medical school and have decided to go that route. Hopefully one of you will get my spot!

I just received my acceptance letter from UF medical school; I’m so happy the pa I shadowed told to apply to medical school, He explained how he has to take so much **** from doctors and how pa have no type of autonomy, he also said you have to bust your *** in school to become a doctor pet or *****. I thought he was demented until I spoke with another pa who basically said the same thing, but also got excepted to barry , so I guess it’s a open spot left. I wish I can get my deposit back lol. But good luck to all future Physician assistant

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived