Fall 2012 Applicants

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got an email saying I am waitlisted at the Miami Shores campus, but also offered the option to be considered for an "assured seat" at St. Croix and would not have to re-interview. I just replied and said of course I want to be considered, but until I get I response I was wondering if anyone else got this and what it means exactly... Thanks guys and congrats to those who have been accepted!!

Ajensen and swortendyke, I received the same e-mail. I'm pretty sure it means the slot is open for you at St. Croix. I won't be able to accept the seat at St. Croix, as I was hoping to stay in Florida...so I guess I'm wait-listed at Miami...here's to more waiting (or reapplication for next year). Congrats to those accepted!!

I got the infamous "waitlisted for Miami, how about St. Croix?" e-mail yesterday as well. Although I am disappointed about Miami, living on a picture perfect island doesn't sound horrible at all! I called Michelle today to clarify what the e-mail actually means and she said that St. Croix will be accepting 12 students for 2012 and so far they are not full. She also said that the way the next step works is that she will forward on our applications and interview results to St. Croix and they will review them and decide who they would like to offer a seat to. She also said that you can remain on the Miami waitlist during this process, but once you have accepted a seat at St. Croix you will be removed from the Miami waitlist. So that's the info I got, I told her I would definitely accept a seat at St. Croix and now I'm just holding my breath through this waiting game once again!

Called Michelle today about that email too. She said the same thing to me and final decisions for all campuses, including seats at St. Croix, will be made Dec. 15th. She also said the wait list will be ranked at that time too. I also told her I would definitely accept at St. Croix :) Good luck!!

mkl07: I am wondering the same thing... I called for a status update on my app on Tuesday and the lady I spoke to said they were still reviewing applications and would try to get to us when they could. But if they are not interviewing anymore, I would prefer to know that I am out of the running instead of playing the waiting game...

ajensen: Do you know if this decision by Dec. 15th applies to all applicants, or just the ones they have interviewed?

Archived