Cumulative Undergrad. GPA:
3.47 (as per CASPA guidelines)

Science Undergrad. GPA:
3.27 (as per CASPA guidelines)

Age at application time :

GRE:
1150 (510 V/640 Q)

Direct Patient Care :

Dermatology Office- Physician-Patient Liaison (6 yrs/6000+ hrs)

• Assist doctors during general and cosmetic dermatologic procedures.

• Assist in doctors during MOHS surgery and excisions.

• Coordinate surgical appointments.

• Maintain biopsy and skin cancer logs.

• Review and relay pathology/lab results to patients.

• Handle FDA regulated IPLEDGE program for prescribing Isotretinoin.

Research Experience:

Developmental Psychobiology Lab-Research Asst., FIU (2 yrs/1500 hrs)

• Conducted comparative behavioral research with an emphasis on learning and development.

• Worked on a study aimed at determining the developmental and learning implications of Bobwhite Quail.

• Performed data entry/analysis and animal husbandry.

Youth Development Project Lab-Research Asst.,FIU (3 mos/150 hrs)

• Developmental Psychosocial Interaction in Field Settings.

• Worked in conjuction with a community based youth development project.

• Conducted off site assesments with disadvantaged youth at an alternative high school.

• Collected data was utilized by a school-based counseling program as well as an ongoing longitudinal study.

Schools Applied:
7 (Emory, GWU, Northeastern, Suny-Stonybrook, Medex-Univ. of WA, Nova, Barry)

Application Submitted Date:
7/14/2011 (CASPA)

Interview Invites:
GWU, SUNY-Stonybrook, Nova, Barry

Denied:
N/A

Withdrew Application:
N/A

Waitlisted:
N/A

Accepted:
N/A

Attempts:
First

For those of you that received an interview, which campus did you all apply to.... Miami campus, St. Pete, or St. Croix? I was wondering if the varying campuses had different interview schedules. Thanks!

St. Petersburg Campus just received my app along with a stack of others 3 days ago. CASPA sent mine to them back on July 11 and my GRE scores arrived 2 weeks later. They have only scheduled for Oct 14, and the next day to offer interviews for is Oct 28 and as of 2 days ago, they had not scheduled a single person for their 2nd interview day. The third interview day is Nov 10th. I am praying I get an invite.

• 2 weeks later...

CONGRATS to all who got an interview!!! Wish you the best whenever it may be and keep us all posted. :)

I'm getting a little worried, I still haven't heard anything from them. I email Michelle a while back but not response, I'm guessing since they might be busy. What would you all suggest who has gotten an interview or got accepted or others, think I should do, should I call them to ask them about my app status?!?

Little worried on why I haven't gotten an email or been called for an interview invite. Would anyone who interview share any stats information with me. GPA, GRE, HC, Etc...

If anyone can help, would appreciate it for any information. This can be done via PM, if you don't want to make it public.

Thanks.

Hey haha, I'm actually staying at Hotel on the Cay now, got a room for $86 a night, but it looks a bit far from Sunshine Mall on the map. I really don't want to rent a car to save on costs, but do you think I should now? Or would taxi service be ok? Thanks for any advice you can give, glad someone living on the island is on here. By the way, my name is Jenny F. so you can identify me at the interview. I'm a tall blonde.

Physhgrl37, I would definitely suggest that you rent a car because taxi's can take a a while to flag down (it all depends on the time of day). A taxi can take you to where the interview is taking place (Sunshine Mall), but I would rent a car so I could be in complete control of getting to the interview on time. If you are coming in a day early I can take you to where we will be interviewing so you will not have trouble finding it. I visited Barry Monday so I know exactly where to go. Let me know. I know it can be scary being in a new place so I don't mind helping. The island is small so it doesn't take hours to get around.

haha, thank you so much. You're already a ton of help. I will definitely be renting a car. I'm not flying out till Sunday so I can explore the island on Saturday anyway. with it. Thanks for offering to show me where Sunshine Mall is but the earliest flight I could get in touches down at 9pm on Thursday night so I'm afraid that would probably be a bit too late for you. I think I'll try to find it one my way from the airport to the hotel and then wake up super early on Friday to make sure I get there on time. 14 days to go!

I need help guys! I am trying to find the supplemental application for Barry on their website, but I cannot. I made a "barry account", and then I click on apply now, but PA is not on the graduate list to select. What am I doing wrong? I have contacted Barry via email and phone, but no response yet. Please someone help me!!! Thanks!

Archived