Interviews

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was invited as well - why dont you think you will attend?

I am just curious as to how many people are called for interviews out of the total number of applicants they have.. Mercy's class size is approximately 40 each year

I called and asked about the statistics, but they were a little hesitant to tell me.

I have decided to interview anyway because Mercy is one of my top choices so I guess I have nothing to lose!

Guest megruss87

i have an interview on oct. 30th too :)

i think they have a pretty good program from what i've read and heard. i know someone there who graduated undergrad w me and she said she loves it.

• 2 weeks later...

I just interviewed at the school yesterday in the afternoon group. They stated we would be updatd of our status in March. The faculty and students were really helpful and answered a lot of questions. The day went like this:

Arrive for a lunch of salad and sandwiches while having a Q and A session with students.

We then were givn a written scenario and asked to write a response.

Break into a group for a tour and another group for the interviews.

The interviews were actually group interviews and not one on one.

If you have any questions about the day I'll answr qhat I can.

Guest megruss87

I heard them say that we could hear in a few weeks but that everyone will know by march, so i guess they're not quite sure if they're gonna do rolling or just wait til they interviewed everyone.

I was also at the afternoon session, what did u guys think of the group interviews? i feel like it was hard to judge if it was going well or not in there

Ya i agree. The other person i interviewed with was very well spoken and when attacking the question first, pretty much left me with nothing else to say! I was also very nervous, but we will see what happens i guess. I felt the group assignment went well, we came up with some pretty good answer's/reasons. I think they were impressed with that. Overall i feel i did ok. No sense of worrying about it now tho. Goodluck!

i interviewed in the afternoon session with lorraine (the director) and another lady (not sure of her name). they made us feel really comfortable and were extremely receptive to our answers. although mercy is not in an ideal location and does not have much of a campus- i really loved the program, students, and faculty. if accepted, i will go to mercy!

I interviewed with the clinical coordinator Kristine Novak and the academic advisor Dr. Guzman. They were both really friendly and the interview didn't seem stressful at all. I'm hoping things went well in there, the interviewers laughed at a few of my jokes I threw in to lighten up the atmosphere.

I also agree that it was hard to tell how well the interview went. I personally am convinced my interview didn't go very well although everyone keeps telling me it's all in my head. I just felt that the group set-up made it more difficult to build a rapport with the interviewers, and given that the point of the interviews was to get a feel for your personality that worries me. I definitely plan on going to Mercy if accepted so I hope the answers trend more towards November rather than March! Good luck everyone :)

Who did everyone interview with? I felt as though the interviewers I had (Lorraine, the program director and another lady) were verrrrrrry receptive. They joked around with us a little and were very very down to earth. In an interview I had at another school the interviewers were not receptive at all and I could tell it went horrible immediately. I felt like the group interview was alright for me because the other student I interviewed with seemed to be on about the same level personality-wise as myself.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest megruss87

i know a first year student there and she said that rumor has it that they're waiting til march, but don't take my word for it, it's just a rumor, i would give a call or e-mail if u need to know in order to make further plans. since i heard this i haven't been too anxious when going to check my e-mail, but i definitely can't wait to hear back!

I sent Sharon an e-mail december 3rd at 7a asking if she could provide me with a prospective date that we should hear something and she hasn't responded.. she is usually quick to respond when i have a question so maybe they don't want to tell/aren't sure yet =/

• 2 weeks later...
Guest taicaraya

That sucks that we have to wait until March. I just got accepted to Hofstra and am torn between the two. It would be nice to have an answer from Mercy since I have to let Hofstra know by the 15th of January. :confused:

• 1 month later...

Archived