Billing and coding forum anyone ?

Hey, I'd be in favor of starting a billing/coding forum here, anyone else? I think it would be really helpful to foster more discussion of the issue(s). I am always having to research questions I have on billing patients for E&M services, performing procedures, or which insurance companies recognize PA's for billing, how to submit/appeal to them, etc., etc....

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'd like to see this b/c forum continue..even if it is not hit often. let's be a " zebra " forum ! ! :=D:

I'm not educated well in the billing section, but like to think i can find my way around ICD-9, soon to be -10 as well as CPT codes. I've never been encouraged at any job to learn more. but I'm game in here. so...let's make hoof-beats!:;;D:

• Administrator

Ok, if you all want a Coding Forum, then I'll create one. :=D: If it works, then great. If it dies off, I'll probably close it eventually. You can all help out by starting it off with some good questions. I'll check the forum for related threads and move them there if there are any available.

Michael

well, here goes. being currently w/o an ICD/CPT book, someone can check this out. I'm told that 'dementia' is a neurological dx and not a psych dx. anyone find that in ICD??? with a neuro base??. and can we call it the 10 instead of ICD??? my little left pinky gets wobbly tired holding down the shift key.:sadface:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

As a medical-business owner I can attest that billing and coding should be taught in all medical and PA schools. It is a sad state of affairs, however, the insurance companies are becoming brutal in the way they manage practices and if you don't bill correctly on the front end, you company will not get paid, and you will eventually not get paid.  I spend 8 hours a week dealing with billing issues despite having a full time certified biller and and office manager who works on billing issues daily.  

• 3 weeks later...

There are major sources of medical coding and billing forums where you can get discussion about ICD-9 codes, ICD-10 codes, ICD-10-CM/PCS codes all about the implementation, latest resources and conversion from ICD9 to ICD10 codes. I think, the solution you are looking for medical coding and billing forum will help every professional also across the world.

Hey, I'd be in favor of starting a billing/coding forum here, anyone else? I think it would be really helpful to foster more discussion of the issue(s). I am always having to research questions I have on billing patients for E&M services, performing procedures, or which insurance companies recognize PA's for billing, how to submit/appeal to them, etc., etc....

This would be a great discussion forum for beginning First Assists and those currently billing for them.

Sent from my LG-D415 using Tapatalk

Archived