Interviews?

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just had my interview there on Tuesday (10/18) and they said that technically the class is full at 50 students but they also might be expanding the class size to 56 to open more spots with the potential for acceptance of students on the wait list. They also said that a lot of people have responded back and said they will not be coming to Salus and there are open spots already. So, it depends on who accepts their spot and who lets them know they will not be attending so another spot can open up. Dr. Vause (Program Director) said that if he had to guess their is about 25 definite spots right now that are full. It is always changing though. Hope that helps!

For those that interviewed already, can you tell us anything about the interview? Did you have to write an essay ? Was the interview one on one ?

Thanks

Monica

Monica, the interview is about 15 minutes and one-on-one (no essay). Very laid back. Just know your basics (why you want to be a PA, etc). They really just want you to be yourself and answer genuinely. They do a very good job of making candidates feel comfortable. Good Luck!!!

I just had my interview there on Tuesday (10/18) and they said that technically the class is full at 50 students but they also might be expanding the class size to 56 to open more spots with the potential for acceptance of students on the wait list. They also said that a lot of people have responded back and said they will not be coming to Salus and there are open spots already. So, it depends on who accepts their spot and who lets them know they will not be attending so another spot can open up. Dr. Vause (Program Director) said that if he had to guess their is about 25 definite spots right now that are full. It is always changing though. Hope that helps!

Thanks for the update. Makes me feel a little better...

Congrats to everyone who got interviewed, accepted, waitlisted. Regardless of your individual status I still think its a big accomplishment. Its important not to get discouraged as it is said to be harder to gain acceptance into a PA Program then med school. As for the people who did get accepted, is there a online group we can make? Facebook etc., I'd like to congregate and figure out what everyone is doing as far as living situations and loans?

Thank you

thanks for the info about the interviewing. I have no problem with an interview- its the essays I hate! Unfortunately, this is the only interview offer I received so far so I feel like all my eggs are in one basket so to speak. I didn't finish my CASPA until late July because of rewriting and rewriting my personal statement. In retrospect, I should have been ready to go by early June.

Oh well....if its meant to be , then it will happen. I am 45 and if I get in, I will be going back to school while two of my children are also in college. Hopefully, that will mean we will qualify for lots of financial aid. Its scary giving up a comfortable life for the unknown but also exciting. I work in healthcare and absolutely love it. Good Luck everyone.

No interview yet:-_-:, but I received a package to confirm that they have received my CASPA application, along with several documents about the program and financial aid and all.Is that a positive sign? Did any of you received this kind of package?

Thank you:smile:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Archived