Any news yet for 2011-2012 cycle?

• 1 month later...

Congratulations to everyone who has received an invite to JMU. Don't stress out if not, as I believe the class of 2013 had interviews into spring. I am in the class of 2012 and would be more than happy to answer any questions you have regarding the program or area, you can just send me a message if you would like.

Good Luck!

Congrats Kiwisplash04! Just wondering when you applied & if you wouldn't mind sharing your stats. Congratulations again to you & good luck with your interview!

thanks!

26, asian female

BS in Biology, minors in Genetics and Spanish at NC State

GPA - 3.2 overall (didn't do so well freshman year), pre req gpa ranges between 3.2-3.7

GRE - 990 first attempt, 1050 2nd attempt

HCE - ~1100 as a CNA (continuing)

LORs - one of the PAs I shadowed, my CNA boss, & my research boss

shadowing - 90 hrs (want to get more before the year is up) in cardiology specialty & urgent care settings

volunteering - Habitat for Humanity in new orleans, college ambassador, local hospitals & teaching English to adult refugees (current)

schools - 11 (CASPA sent 8/4, verified 8/12, sent to schools 8/19, sent 8 supplementals between 8/20-9/16).

only heard back from 3 so far (rejected from Arcadia, interview invites for JMU & Lock Haven! *hopefully more*).

This is my 2nd attempt.

What about you?

thanks!

What about you?

24, Female

BS in Biology,

GPA - 3.09 overall

Graduate Work: 19 credit hours in Physiology

GRE - 1050 first attempt, 1090 2nd attempt

HCE - ~1270 as a Patient Care Assistant (continuing)

~ 2700 as a Microbiology Lab assistant in a hospital setting (continuing)

LORs - PA, Nurse Practitioner, & my research professor

Shadowing - 20 hrs

Volunteering - Server in soup kitchen, volunteer spanish tutor to elementary kids, volunteer coach for soccer & tennis

Schools - 11 (CASPA sent 8/31, verified 9/2)

Rejected from lock haven & Hofstra... still waiting to hear form the rest of my schools

This is my 2nd attempt.

Congratulations again on your interview invite! that's really exciting... hoping to hear similar news myself :)

It was pretty laid back (even though I was still nervous considering it was my first interview). During the first hour, the program director talked with us about the program and went over the handbook we got as soon as we signed in. Then we were split into 2 groups -- one group to do a writing essay and the second group to wait to be interviewed. I got 2 one-on-one interviews for 10-15 minutes each, and they were pretty basic questions, trying to get to know you mostly. After lunch, we switched - so if we interviewed in the morning, we'd do the writing in the afternoon and vice versa. While we waited, we had the chance to talk and ask questions to the first & second years. They were really happy with the program, gave us lots of information, and made us feel at ease the whole time. We were told the faculty will meet sometime this week and we'd hear back within 2-3 weeks.

• 2 weeks later...

This is the email I got:

"This is to inform you of the status of your application to the James Madison University Physician Assistant Program. At the last meeting of the Admissions Committee, your application was placed on “hold”. This means that the Committee reviewed your application favorably and determined that you will meet the qualifications for admission by August 2012. However, we cannot make a final recommendation at this time because there are still many qualified candidates waiting to be interviewed. We hope to interview all eligible applicants and make our final recommendations in February. "

I remember one of them saying that it might take a while b/c they have to get packets together & get signatures from certain people ... so keep your head up, it might be more promising for you! Let me know if you hear anything back.

Archived