Summer 2012 Applicants?

• 3 weeks later...

Hey all-

Do you know how many out-of-state applicants they accept? I would love to apply this year, but I'm not sure if I would even have a good chance of getting in. I am originally from Texas, but have been living and working in California for the past 3 years.

Any advice would be much appreciated! Thanks :)

Hey there, I hope everyone is starting to get calls for interviews! Not sure when those start..so let's hope soon. My application is still not COMPLETE/UNDER REVIEW because one of my references is not-dependable... >:( She assured me that she'd get the letter written, but her letter (or lack thereof) is what is holding up the works...so my application will never be seen by the AdCom if a third reference isn't submitted? Guess I need to find someone else and quick...

I was told by a PA that graduated from MCG's program, and who is still in touch with the department there, that interviews have started this week. I'm not sure how the interview process works, if it is a single person in front of a panel, or several people in a group setting... hopefully this is just the first round for all those early-bird applicants :) Best wishes and "Accepted" letters to all of you!

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys, I just got back from my interview at MCG/GHSU. I was called about 2 weeks ago (mid Sept). The process was a full day, starting w/ individual interviews with a pair of faculty, then interviews with the entire applicant group (11 ppl in mine). Presentation, tour, then had to stand up and introduce ourselves to the faculty and then draw out of a hat a random question to answer on the spot!

Overall not too bad, the random question was definitely the most nerve-racking part. Only accepting 40 spots out of hundreds, and statistics show only 1 out-of-stater last year...good luck to all

@kblackshear: If you don't mind answering, when did you submit your materials to GHSU and when did your status become "ready for review." I submitted mine in late august and my status is still ready for review. Getting somewhat nervous now.

Hey Mwilli! I completed my GHSU app on July 19. My references were very slow to complete my letters of recommendation, so my app didn't actually become "ready for review" until Aug 29. On Sep 15, I received a transcript evaluation from GHSU via regular mail. It was just a list of all of my prerequisite courses and the grade I received in each. It was probably just a reminder that I have 2 required courses still in progress. The interview invite came via email about 3 weeks later. Keep the faith. I think there's still time.

Hey Mwilli! I completed my GHSU app on July 19. My references were very slow to complete my letters of recommendation, so my app didn't actually become "ready for review" until Aug 29. On Sep 15, I received a transcript evaluation from GHSU via regular mail. It was just a list of all of my prerequisite courses and the grade I received in each. It was probably just a reminder that I have 2 required courses still in progress. The interview invite came via email about 3 weeks later. Keep the faith. I think there's still time.

Thanks for the reply! I received the transcript evaluation roughly around the same time you did. Our schedules are virtually identical, actually. Therefore, I am going to hope to hear something next week. They interview into December, so I am not in a full-scale panic yet. GHSU is my number one school and in my hometown, so I am simply spending way too much time analyzing the situation. :-)

Good luck with your interview by the way!

• 3 weeks later...

I got the day off! ...though I have the feeling they may make me pay for it... anyone else interviewing tomorrow at GHSU? My suit is good to go, got some good research down, thinking long and hard about possible questions...now, if my stomach would quit turning, this might be somewhat fun! :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived