• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If any of you guys are traveling from out of state, try to arrange to attend the dinner hosted by the first years the night before. I think it starts at 6 or 630p. They don't include that info until the follow-up email, which you will prob get a few days from now.
Also, the interview will end at 3:15, in case you need to make flight arrangements for that night.

Just scheduled my interview for Nov 15th :) Does anyone know how the La Quinta is? Good area, hotel, etc? I see that a bunch of people are planning on staying there. Is anyone staying elsewhere? Thanks and good luck to everyone!!
I'm interviewing on Monday and staying at the La Quinta. I'll let you know what I think...

Thanks jms. I'm thinking of staying there too. Is there a shuttle to Yale? I will be bringing my car, but they said parking was limited, and didn't want to deal with the hassle if it could be avoided.
swimrgal said that there is a shuttle to Yale, but I'm not sure if there is.

swimrgal said that there is a shuttle to Yale, but I'm not sure if there is.

Yes, there is a shuttle from the New Haven La Quinta. It runs from 6:00am - 10:45pm to/from the New Haven airport, to/from downtown (the BAR pizza restaurant is included in this, it's a 5 min drive), and to/from the Yale campus. You'll just have to call the front desk to arrange pick-up, so have the hotel # handy. The shuttle is free, tips are welcomed. I just confirmed this with the front desk. Good luck.

Yep, I'll be there. Are you interviewing on Monday too?

yea im interviewing on monday.

Anyone know how reliable the amtrak/train system is from new york to connecticut? Im thinking about just flying into new york and taking the train to new haven. I was just worried about missing my flight back if the train schedule is off a lot.

Hi everyone- I stayed at New Haven Hotel and it is in walking distance from the Harkness building where the PA program is located. It is also a very clean high quality hotel for a good price. You will absolutely love your interview experience everyone in the program is eager to answer your questions and make you feel relaxed on the big day. I got my acceptance call today and am ecstatic- I can't wait to meet you next fall when class starts!

They actually didn't give us any timeline for acceptances and none of the people I interviewed with asked. The students said that Yale is usually pretty fast getting back to candidates but that this year the interviews are extending over a longer period of time due to the new GRE format not sending them scores quickly which seemed to mean that it may take longer than it has in the past to get back to people

Archived