Question to Current/Past Students - Lectures

Hi Everyone!

I had a quick question to students of the JMU PA Program. Generally speaking, how are lectures done? Does the professor go through a powerpoint? And what has worked best for people in terms of notetaking? I have heard great things about notability on the ipad and know some programs use them exclusively for their lectures. Would it be something worth investing in for JMU? Or do most people go with laptops or pen and paper?

Thank you for your time! I appreciate any insight to this!

• 7 months later...

Current 2nd/3rd year JMU student here coming to you live from Internal Med Night Call. Lectures during didactic are formal lecture based. Prof goes through ppt and you have access to ppt to take extra notes either on paper or in the ppt files themselves. Most people use laptops to take notes with few students choosing to print ppts or take extra notes on paper. A few people use ipad's for notes instead of laptops with no problems to my knowledge. Hope this helps.

Archived