Acceptances/ Interviews?

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Janelle- I have lived in Tampa for a few years now and SOHO is a great place to live. It is also close to some great hospitals in the area. I used to live right off Bayshore and it is beautiful. You will be about 10-15 mins out from South University. Carrollwood also has some places to live. Look on Craigslist too!

I live in Tampa, have for 10 years. You do need to be VERY careful about choosing the neighborhood.

THe apartments across from the mall are probably very nice. It is very close to the campus. It's a commercial area, not really residential, but it is upscale. It is right across the street from Tampa International Airport, so noise may be a consideration.

Hyde Park is lovely! Many restaurants and shops in walking distance. Lots to do, especially for a single person.

In general, the area immediately surrounding the campus is not a place I would want to live or raise my kids, however, a short drive north, you will find the Carrollwood area, which is an affordable, upscale residential area with very good schools, and a few minutes south is upscale South Tampa (includes Hyde Park). Be prepared to spend a lot of $ to live between Kennedy and Gandy.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have just applied would anyone be interested in commenting on my stats so I know where I stand at this point

GPA: Science & overall 3.01

GRE: 1010

all pre-reqs are finished

HCE: working FT in a hospital as an ER tech and patient care tech for 8 yrs

Thanx in advance

• 4 weeks later...

To reply to the stat questions: I have an 1150 GRE, 3.5 overall, 3.7 science. Masters degree in Infectious Disease and about 1500 hours as a Hospice patient care volunteer. No real HCE like nursing or paramedic. I'm pretty confident that if I don't get into a PA school, I will get into a nursing school and can go the NP route.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived