Interviews?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I called OHSU last week and they stated they are still way behind on applications. I was told a large amount of applicants will find out this week if they are interviewed or rejected.

Just to give some of you a heads up who haven't heard.

EDIT UPDATE: Funny enough, I recieved my rejection letter today. haha. I expected this. I read the website again and realized I only had 4 credits of cell bio, and not 8. Didn't realize you needed 8, most schools only require 4.

Good luck to all!

I just interviewed on Nov. 30th and they said the first round of letters went out on Nov. 30th from the first group of interviewees. They are still going through applications since there were 1700 and they are planning to give 150 people an interview. They have two interviews left in December, then eight interviews in January. They accept 38 students, 30 on the alternate list and then the rest get the rejection letter. Hope this helps.

Congratulations shanana. When did you interivew?

Thank you! I interviewed in mid-November. Also, they told us that instead of responding within 2 weeks of every interview like they've done in the past, the adcom is meeting monthly or so to review applicants from multiple interviews. I thought they'd be waiting til after the interview on the 30th to meet but I guess I'm glad they didn't!

Hello All! I am new to the Forum. I am really excited that I will be interviewing on December 14th! I read some older posts with great information and suggestions. Does anybody have anything to add to help me get ready for the big day?? Congratulations and Good Luck to you all!

Congrats! A few things: first, if you're not familiar with the campus, get there early enough to find the building. OHSU campus is like a labyrinth.

The day went like this: the program director talked to us. Then faculty/applicant group introductions. Then they broke us into two groups of four and one group did a group interview, while the other responded to two essay questions. After however long, we switched. Then we watched a class for a bit. Lunch with current students followed, then a campus tour. When we returned, the program director talked for about 45 mins. Oh, somewhere in there are were individual interviews where you meet one-on-one with a faculty member to discuss anything not brought up in the group interview. This part felt a bit awkward to me as I don't feel it added much.

This is kind of a "duh" but if you are female and wearing heels to the interview, bring flats for the campus tour; your poor feet will thank you.

Good luck!!

Congratulations on your interview and thank you for posting this!

Congratulations Shanana! I am so happy for you! Do you have any suggestions or tips? I have an interview December 9th.

Thank you!

I think that l.a.lewis covered all the logistics of the interview day - the only part I disagree with is the part about the individual interview. I loved it. I had a great convo with my interviewer and really felt like it gave me a chance to talk about my strengths as an applicant. The group interview doesn't touch on grades, GRE scores, anything like that so if you have something to say about those things (and I did) its your only chance.

I'd also add to remember that you're there for a reason - they saw something they liked in your application. The day is long because they want to get to know you as a person. Relax, be confident, and be yourself.

Good luck to you and everyone else interviewing on Friday! Looking forward to meeting some of you in June :)

Thank you!

I think that l.a.lewis covered all the logistics of the interview day - the only part I disagree with is the part about the individual interview. I loved it. I had a great convo with my interviewer and really felt like it gave me a chance to talk about my strengths as an applicant. The group interview doesn't touch on grades, GRE scores, anything like that so if you have something to say about those things (and I did) its your only chance.

I'd also add to remember that you're there for a reason - they saw something they liked in your application. The day is long because they want to get to know you as a person. Relax, be confident, and be yourself.

Good luck to you and everyone else interviewing on Friday! Looking forward to meeting some of you in June :)

Is the group interview a question/answer type of interview where people compete to answer? Or is it a group exercise? Do they ask mostly behavioral/scenario type of questions? Just trying to get a better feel for what to expect.

The group interview has four people interviewing and it is not a competition. Each admissions person asks you one question and all four of you answer the same question. If someone answers really well, then you can just say I agree with that person, but i would add this to the answer. They have a group exercise, but they just want you to talk something out and not come up with an answer. It is just to see how you interact with others. The questions are normal interview questions, like what is strength, are you motivated......you know. Hope this helps and good luck. Be yourself and relax.

• 4 weeks later...

Congrats to anyone and everyone who interviewed and/or got accepted. I interviewed on the second interview date...Oct 25th 2011...and got a call on Oct 27th from Ted inviting me to join the program! I was THRILLED of course...as it was by far my number 1 choice from the beginning. Shanana...congrats...but has anyone else gotten in? I'd love to touch base from time to time as we prepare to start. Anyone gotten any info about financial aid and/or loans? Anyone heard of any sweet deals with regard to accommodation?

Congratulations op4medic! Also to Shanana and everyone else who was accepted/interviewed. I was accepted in December. Has anyone received info. on current technology requirements? I am so excited and have so many questions! Where have you been looking for housing op4medic? I don't live in Portland yet, so I have just been browsing for places online. I know it's not the most affordable way to go, but I am looking into studio apartments. I am also going to try finding a place on the hill.

Congratulations op4medic! Also to Shanana and everyone else who was accepted/interviewed. I was accepted in December. Has anyone received info. on current technology requirements? I am so excited and have so many questions! Where have you been looking for housing op4medic? I don't live in Portland yet, so I have just been browsing for places online. I know it's not the most affordable way to go, but I am looking into studio apartments. I am also going to try finding a place on the hill.

Archived