Interviews?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Out of curiosity, what date did you have everything submitted to OHSU, CAPSA and supplemental?

I had CASPA and my OHSU supplemental submitted on June 8. I received a confirmation from OHSU that they got my CASPA on June 28, a complete application notification on July 26, and then an invite october 17.

An update on the timeline. My app was completed on 9/26 and I called them yesterday and they had just finished checking the GPA/HCE hours. It was then getting referred to the admissions committee for interview review and was told it would be a possible 3-4 more weeks. Therefore, it would be about 7-8 weeks after the email that says "3-4 weeks" from when I would hear. Sounds like they are slammed but hopefully this gives you guys some sort of rough expected timeline. Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...

So for the people that havent heard from ohsu yet, the group of us that interviewed on Oct 21st were only the second group of people to be interviewed. I think I received my invite to interview around the 21st in Sept. If they hold to this schedule they are getting invites out a month ahead so don't despair yet.

My stats are in the stats sticky if you want to see them. :)

I figure by this time if you have not received a rejection letter you have made the cut for GPA, HCE, and pre-reqs. I can't imagine not receiving an interview.

Unless they sent a rejection letter via snail mail and it just hasn't come yet (which very well be the case)!

Received an email inviting me to interview on one of three dates (Dec 14, Jan 5 and 6). Not sure if this was a mass email or if they are sending them out individually. Good luck to everyone!!

It's individual or at least mass to a small group. My dates were different. Good luck! Hope it goes well for you.

I got invited to interview December 14th! For those of you who have interviewed, any insight on the process? I saw that it is a group interview, did you feel like they got to know YOU? Was it the type of group interview where they ask a general question and everyone vies to answer it? Any advice helpful! :)

I got invited to interview December 14th! For those of you who have interviewed, any insight on the process? I saw that it is a group interview, did you feel like they got to know YOU? Was it the type of group interview where they ask a general question and everyone vies to answer it? Any advice helpful! :)

Congrats! A few things: first, if you're not familiar with the campus, get there early enough to find the building. OHSU campus is like a labyrinth.

The day went like this: the program director talked to us. Then faculty/applicant group introductions. Then they broke us into two groups of four and one group did a group interview, while the other responded to two essay questions. After however long, we switched. Then we watched a class for a bit. Lunch with current students followed, then a campus tour. When we returned, the program director talked for about 45 mins. Oh, somewhere in there are were individual interviews where you meet one-on-one with a faculty member to discuss anything not brought up in the group interview. This part felt a bit awkward to me as I don't feel it added much.

This is kind of a "duh" but if you are female and wearing heels to the interview, bring flats for the campus tour; your poor feet will thank you.

Good luck!!

Archived