Interviews?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Invite was received via Email. There was no indication about the number of interviewees.

Here is the letter:

The Oregon Health & Science University Physician Assistant Program Admissions Committee has reviewed your application and would like to offer you an interview for 2012 admissions. The following information includes the dates available for your interview. Please let me know your preferred date and also your second choice for an in-person interview. You will need to plan for a full day (8am-4pm) for the interview. Once I hear back from you, I will then confirm the date of your interview via email. This follow up email confirmation will include an interview confirmation letter, additional information regarding OHSU, and local accommodations. Please wait to make final travel arrangements until you have received the email confirmation from me confirming the date of your interview. Please select the date(s) which will work best with your schedule and order of your preference. Tuesday, October 18thFriday, October 21stTuesday, October 25thPlease keep in mind the OHSU PA Program utilizes rolling admissions. Interviews occur October through January and positions in the class will begin to be filled as interviews progress. Final selection for available class positions will not be filled until all interviews have been completed. Please feel free to email or call me if you have any questions regarding this email. I'll follow up with a formal interview invitation via email. Also, as a professional courtesy, if you are no longer considering entrance into OHSU, please let me know as soon as possible so I can offer interview spots to remaining candidates.

• 2 weeks later...

Can you tell me when you received this email?

"Thank you for your patience as the OHSU Physician Assistant Program compiled your CASPA application with your supporting materials. Your OHSU admissions application is now complete and will be forwarded to the PA Admissions Committee for review. During this busy time for admissions, please allow at least 3-4 weeks for the Committee to review your application. You will be notified of their decision soon after their review is complete."

Thanks a lot and congrats!

I received an email this morning to choose from Oct 25, Nov 8th and Nov 11th. I chose Oct 25th. They are definitely still emailing applicants. I hope you hear soon!

"Thank you for your patience as the OHSU Physician Assistant Program compiled your CASPA application with your supporting materials. Your OHSU admissions application is now complete and will be forwarded to the PA Admissions Committee for review. During this busy time for admissions, please allow at least 3-4 weeks for the Committee to review your application. You will be notified of their decision soon after their review is complete."

Yep, got that one 7/22 like everyone else. That was a long 3-4 weeks! :)

• 2 weeks later...
Those of you who have received invites would you mind stating what some of your stats are (HCE, GPA's)? I am just wondering how I compare and whether I may get an interview or not. Congrats on your interviews would love to hear how it goes.

I'll PM you directly. I really don't think my stats are public domain, but I don't mind talking about them with individuals.

Archived