Interviews? (For 2012 matriculation)

On their website they said they don't give preference to in-state or out-of-state applicants. However, they do state that in-state candidates may have an advantage due to being able to attend information sessions.

I am from MT and received an interview for the 18th and 19th.

On their website they said they don't give preference to in-state or out-of-state applicants. However, they do state that in-state candidates may have an advantage due to being able to attend information sessions.

I am from MT and received an interview for the 18th and 19th.

I interviewed there last year and, while there's no guarantee that this year will be the same, here's how the structure was then. The first day was a pretty long day. I had three of my four interviews on the first day, we took the exam, there was a presentation on financial aid and a couple other presentations (one was from faculty and another where the first year students talked to us). After all interviews were done, I just had time to leave and change clothes, before I was back for the social. The second day was pretty short. One interview and a tour of the facilities. My interview was in the morning.

A week or two before the interview they send out a detailed schedule with each of your interview times and I think I read in one e-mail that they take into consideration people traveling from out of state and try to give them morning interviews the second day, but I'm sure that's no guarantee.

Hey everyone, I have a few questions about SLC. I will be flying in on the 10. Is it the kind of city that I can get around using taxi services? What is public transit like there? Any advice would be great. Thanks.

The light rail to the airport won't be done for a few years. They have finally started. It does go up to the University though. Check out RideUTA.com.

This is a link to the trax (light rail) map:

http://www.rideuta.com/uploads/Aug2011traxmapnewlarge.jpg

The bus service is pretty extensive however make sure you double check your times because it changes in the evening and on the weekends. Stay downtown because it is kind of the halfway point between the airport and the University. Good Luck, see you soon!

Archived