Interviews? (For 2012 matriculation)

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest askyoulc

In my opinion, it's pointless to call them. I tried twice. They answer and either say that your application is sitting right in front of them or that it's in the graduate admissions office, but to please let them call you back regarding your status. One time she told me to give her til the end of the week and the other said she'd call back by tomorrow. Both times I never heard back. Maybe you'll have better luck. Good luck!

• 1 month later...
Guest askyoulc

I missed a call from them this morning. I tried calling them back but no one ever answered. I guess I'll try again on Monday and cross my fingers!

Interview date on Dec. 1. They had slots available on the week of Thanksgiving and a few in December. CASPA was verified on 7/21. Marywood sent a verification email on 8/3 and said they would contact us within six weeks. Called them in late September and they were still slammed. Phone call for interview was the next time they contacted. MKahn5, what do you love so much about Marywood's program? I have an interview at Lock Haven as well and am trying to get a feel for the differences between the programs.

Guest askyoulc

Yay, the missed call was an interview invite. I was gonna feel really stupid if I'd posted on here that I'd thought that's what it was and they were calling about something else. I have my interview on Nov. 15th. I submitted my app to CASPA I think sometime around mid-June more or less and I think it was verified in late June.

I missed the open house at Marywood so I set up a visit with Marie Bonavoglia, the academic coordinator. First of all, the campus was gorgeous even on a rainy day! Everyone was so friendly and Marie really explained the details of the program and answered a lot of my questions. I also met with Karen Arscott, the program director who was also very friendly and easy to talk to. The program looked really well structured. I love the fact that they have a cadaver lab that will only be used by the PA students during the summer while the med students are off. They are very flexible in setting up clinical rotations that would be closer to home for those that are looking for that. I also meet quite a few students who all seemed very upbeat and happy being in the program. That, more than anything spoke volumes. If the students are happy and able to interact so freely with the staff, it makes it obvious to me that the program is great. I left there feeling that this would be the environment that I would really like to be a part of. I am positive you will love the program and the staff once you meet with them on you interview! Sorry if I haven't given you more details, but really it was more of a feeling I had after visiting Marywood. Great environment, friendly staff, friendly students, and solid program which is exactly what I would want in a program. Good luck, and please keep me posted!

• 3 weeks later...
Yay, the missed call was an interview invite. I was gonna feel really stupid if I'd posted on here that I'd thought that's what it was and they were calling about something else. I have my interview on Nov. 15th. I submitted my app to CASPA I think sometime around mid-June more or less and I think it was verified in late June.

How was your interview? Would you mind sharing anything about it? I just got a call for an interview! So, so excited!!!

Guest askyoulc

MKhan5- The interview was fine, nothing too out of the ordinary. I was the only one there; I don't know if they always do interviews that way or if that's because they made a special concession (I was already in the area). I will admit, out of the 3 interviews I've had, for me this one was the hardest. Just relax, be yourself and good luck!

MattK- When I was at the interview, they said their phone system had been down for two days and it was better to email, so maybe try both phone and email.

• 2 weeks later...

I interviewed Nov.15th. Just don't be nervous in the interview. The interviewers are very warm people and they really try to help you feel comfortable. They will add in a lot of laughing and talking as you interview which will help you to gather your mind for each question. Just have fun its not bad at all.

• 5 weeks later...

Just had my interview yesterday. I was the only one there as well. They really do make you feel comfortable during the interview. The interview was fairly quick for me. How long was it for those of you that interviewed already?

@ MECsnow, it looks like they got back to you within two weeks. Have you decided to accept?

Yea, they get back to you pretty quick. My interview was pretty lengthy, however there were not a lot of things scheduled throughout the day. So as far as the day went, it was pretty short. I've accepted my position in the program and I'm excited for what they have to offer.

Archived