Fall 2012 acceptances?

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Belston227
Has the fall 2012 start class been filled? I haven't had any word and I am anxious to know where my application stands.

Thanks

They said that they made the decisions already, but you never know. I would call them ASAP.

Guest Belston227
Has the fall 2012 start class been filled? I haven't had any word and I am anxious to know where my application stands.

Thanks

They said that they made the decisions already, but you never know. I would call them ASAP.

• 2 weeks later...

In response to the comments on this thread, the program is not on probation and remains accredited. It is correct that didactics in the Puerto Rico program will now be held in Pittsburgh. For questions and clarification on the program, please contact Chatham University admissions at 800-837-1290 or admissions@chatham.edu to speak to an admissions counselor directly.

LIES LIES LIES LIES LIES LIES,

i wonder where MR RAMOS IS.

WHEN YOU START LYING THE PROGRAM MAY ACTUALLY BE BETTER, PLEASE STOP THE LIES

DONT BE TECHNICAL, BE HONEST, DONT RUIN PEOPLES LIVES AND THINK JUST ABOUT THE MONEY. PLEASE OWN IT UP AND CALL A SPADE A SPADE.

THIS IS A GREEDY WORLD.

SHAME ON YOU

BTW WHERE IS MR.RAMOS, MUST BE LOOKING AT PICTURES OF PR.

AND paeducator you are new here , so i guess its damage control more than lies:) good luck, stop the already graduated from talking and stop 200 people whom you push around with your below par skills and teaching attitude. All the faculty at Chatham has Professor which they bestowed on themselves, yet NO ONE is in active clinical service, and research, maybe a total of 5 for the entire faculty. You absolutely cannot make great PA's by self study, if that was the case then there would be online med schools.

Wow. Helper- sounds like you have a personal beef with these guys. I must say, Chatham was my first choice last year, but alas was not accepted. I ended up going to a different school, one with strong didactic training and I must admit, I couldn't imagine trying to teach myself this stuff. I ended up being very happy with where I'm at. There's so much you wouldn't even think to cover on your own or just by dissecting a case study. House is fun to watch on TV, but don't forget, these guys are physicians with years of didactic training before they get to PBL in a residency/fellowship. That being said, I give the students at Chatham a lot of credit for being able to do it this way. It would be more difficult for me I think. Also, I'm not sure that Chatham does strictly PBL. I think they teach some courses traditionally. Anyhow, for those reading, make the choice for how you learn best. Good luck to all.

Fly, i am done with the program a year ago, away from these PBL dramas, i agree to the points you have raised. Being a good PA is not just passing the PANCE. In today's world you can take a course and pass it. Regarding my beef with them, i passed through grime and dirt, with a lot of issues. I want the program to improve so students do not suffer. PERIOD.

In response to the comments on this thread, the program is not on probation and remains accredited. It is correct that didactics in the Puerto Rico program will now be held in Pittsburgh. For questions and clarification on the program, please contact Chatham University admissions at 800-837-1290 or admissions@chatham.edu to speak to an admissions counselor directly.

Really? So why the need to file an appeal with ARC-PA by April 20th? Technically ARC-PA did put your program on probation, but their rules allow for an appeal of that decision, and while the appeal is in progress you are not required to declare on your program's website that you are on probation. It should be obvious to anyone reading posts about Chatham's PA program over the last few months that changes are needed. It would be nice to see Chatham step up and own their mistakes. You might want to start by listening to the comments of your former students such as the ones by RobertForest, especially the post titled "caveat emptor" which was posted on 9/18/11, and humptydumpty's 10/19/11 comments. I have no idea who these individuals are, but I do have legitimate knowledge that the claims they make are completely true.

Cool Helper. I wasn't chastising you. I understand. I've never seen people complain about a program before. Everyone I speak with seems to really love their alma mater and the training they've received. Seems to be quite a few. From hearing you guys, my denial of acceptance last year was a blessing. I love my program, as demanding as it is. And with what you said about PANCE, I agree. YOu can coach someone to pass the PANCE. That's not the point of school.

Archived