Fall 2012 acceptances?

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is rather an unexpected turn.....I wonder how many people can make to an interview given such short notice. I am very surprised since Chatham administration did not mention interviews in the last email update I got from them. There is nothing on their website either.

Ok, I finally got in touch with Maureen Stoken at Chatham and she was very helpful.. They had about 1500 applications and they are currently going through and sending interview invitiations.. they are not done yet, so hang tight! Ozztr, do you have a lot of clinical experience? I just graduated early and have good grades but low direct care hours and PA shadowing.. I wonder what the group interview will be like?

I received e mail about the last minute interview from Chatham too and refused it!!! this is so weird to me!!! No Thanks, I do not need it...Chatham is almost $90K tuition cost and I do not think this is honest action to students. Because, if they stated "no interview" mean should be "no interview!!

mrsbeanmama, you should look for PA school's same year with new graduates and first time exam takers PANCE pass rate. If you search for any other PA program around the country their average rate is 95%. Because, eventually graduates pass their PANCE. I know few new graduates from Chatham, who passed their PANCE their 4th try. So, when they pass it Chatham's pass rate is comes up!! but in fact those students were graduated 2 years ago and they passed their PANCE this year or last year :)) so, their PANCE pass rate is increased..

mrsbeanmama, you should look for PA school's same year with new graduates and first time exam takers PANCE pass rate. If you search for any other PA program around the country their average rate is 95%. Because, eventually graduates pass their PANCE. I know few new graduates from Chatham, who passed their PANCE their 4th try. So, when they pass it Chatham's pass rate is comes up!! but in fact those students were graduated 2 years ago and they passed their PANCE this year or last year :)) so, their PANCE pass rate is increased

This is from Chatham's website on the first-time pass rate. I do not think they would be posting false information... Also, RASCALPA, why would you even apply to Chatham if you don't seem to hold the school with high regard?

What is the program’s first-time pass rate in the national boards?

The PA Program's first-time pass rate for the Physician Assistant National Certifying Examination (PANCE) for the last five years is as follows:

[TABLE=class: maincontent, width: 300]

[TR]

[TD=width: 42]

[/TD]

[TD=width: 152]

62 Students

[/TD]

[TD=width: 72]

100%

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[/TD]

50 Students

[/TD]

92%

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[/TD]

45 Students

[/TD]

100%

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD]

48 Students

[/TD]

[TD]

96%

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD]

43 Students

[/TD]

[TD]

93%

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD]

Total Average:

[/TD]

[TD]

96.2%

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

I did not receive an e-mail for an interveiw. I'm assuming that is not a good sign. I guess the whole holistic approach they claim they take towards applicants doesn't apply....I can write book about my life experiences and work daily with critical care physicians. Had a bunch of bad grades when I was 17 years which was about 13 years ago which lowered my cum. GPA significantly (secondary to how CASPA calculates GPAs). If they looked at my grades for the last five years, which is reflective of my actual academic performance, I would have a more competitive GPA. Oh well.... :/

Alombardo... this is from their web page;

Articulation Agreements

Chatham University's physician assistant studies program has articulation agreements with the following colleges: Allegheny College; Baldwin Wallace College; Mount Aloysius College; Mt. Vernon Nazarene College; and Thiel College. Students from these institutions are eligible for reserved seats per the specifications of the articulation agreement between Chatham University and these institutions.

So, I live in Florida and I do not have even a penny to spend for this game Ok? I am a student, when I applied they stated that "no interview" now they are asking interview in last minute; I do not think this is for fair....There is only 40 sits available right now and almost 500 top applicants waiting for interview..This is just like gamble; and I do not have time and money to spend for this unfair gamble..

MrsBeanMama you read 200 candidates for 80 seats because I wrote that. I attended a problem based learning seminar there a few weeks ago and was told about the interview process. I was hoping they hadnt changed to 450 but I really don't know - it's possible. However - most schools do give preference to their undergraduate students as well as graduates of affiliated schools. I am just hoping they still have seats available for the rest of us! Also, keep your chin up! I have just under a 3.414 and received an interview. In addition, when I went to the PBL seminar they said they were choosing candidates for the Jan 21st interview date also. Those emails may not go out until after the Jan 7th interviews.

Im sorry I just read that you also have an interview. I'll see you there!:smile:

Archived