Interviews? (For 2012 matriculation)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey all-

Do you know how many out-of-state applicants they accept? I would love to apply this year, but I'm not sure if I would even have a good chance of getting in. I am originally from Texas, but have been living and working in California for the past 3 years.

Any advice would be much appreciated! Thanks smile.gif

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello, I had an interview last year at University of Toledo and we had two different individual interviews with faculty members and then also a group interview with five people. They told us about two different scenarios and we had to talk about both amongst each other. They asked the general questions you would be asked in every PA interview in our individual interview. Nothing out of the ordinary. I got waitlisted last year and then got rejected. I applied again this year and had everything in at the end of August because I was finishing some shadowing hours. Hope to have better luck this year.

• 1 month later...

There are no written essays the day of the interview.

There are no limits on the number of out of state students as far as I know. Our class was ~50-70% OH, 20-25% MI, and 10-15% Other states. They take 35 students now, so you can do the math.

Group interviews are 4-5 students working together in front of faculty/community PAs. By working, I mean the discussion you have, how you interact, how you approach the scenario, and how you develop your conclusion.

I would say that the scenarios are pretty general, no "right" answer. There are many web sites that list moral dilemma type questions that would be good practice if you are worried.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I received an interview invite today for sometime later in January. They have several dates to choose from and times are different also. Does anyone know when how many they interview? I know they are filling about 35 spots but I would like to understand the percentage of interviewees that get accepted. Thanks!

Archived