Interviews? (For 2012 matriculation)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Well.. how did the interview go? Anything you can offer us as far as how many seats are available, how many they are interviewing etc..? I haven't heard anything as of yet.. i presume they will be sending out invites into the New Year. Then again I am taking my last pre-reqs, Orgo 2 & Genetics that is, so perhaps I don't have a shot and jsut being optimistic :)... who knows.

The interview went great! Around 80 get interviews and 34 get a seat in the class. The campus is beautiful. It's the nicest campus I've been to for interviews this far. The faculty is super nice and the interview process is very laid back and not to stressful. I liked everything about this trip. Now I'm just hoping to get accepted.

How many were in your group? and I'm curious if you know how many interview dates there are?

SLU campus is amazing! I love the city and the "old fashioned" style feel... plus the Cards just won the series so thats a plus. I certainly hope I can get an interview there this cycle. How long until you hear? Hope you get some good news!

I just heard back from them today. Unfortunately, I was put on some sort of a waitlist. The email doesn't say waitlist but it says they would like to hold onto my application for future consideration. I think they want to get through some more of their interviews before making a final decision.

I am in the same situation MECsnow. I was hoping for different results, but atleast its not an outright rejection.

Did your letter say "your application and interview were very solid but not quite strong enough for early admission"? I was just wondering if it was a generic statement or if they wrote us each individually.

Did your letter say "your application and interview were very solid but not quite strong enough for early admission"? I was just wondering if it was a generic statement or if they wrote us each individually.

yup that was the exact same letter I received as well and I know of one other person who was at the interview that got put on hold as well.

The way a friend of mine that interviewed in October explained it to me that it seems like when they accept people from the previous interview too though. She got an email last week about her status after our interview and she is still on hold, but atleast they send an update after every interview. Hopefully we hear positive news sooner rather than later.

I don't know if anyone received a decline letter or not. One of the current students I talked to at lunch acted like they don't give out many rejection letters. I keep trying to think positively because alot of people may choose to just go with their acceptances that they already have and may remove their name from the pool of applicants. Also the interviewee next to me said where she wanted to go to PA school depended on where her husband got into medical school as well, so I think thats what Ms. Mays meant when she said the hold is not necessarily the end of the world yet :)

• 1 month later...

Archived