Interviews? (For 2012 matriculation)

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Got an email today saying that all interview slots are filled and that they will no longer be scheduling interviews. They just said they would keep my CASPA on file :(

That is disappointing. I was a late applicant, paid the secondary fee, but have recieved no such email yet. I suppose it looks bleak now based on your response, though.

Yeah, please provide details about this I have never seen such a thing posted on this forum or heard of rejection letters before interviews have started. Rejection as in you didnt get a secondary invitation and you will not be invited for an interview? or you got a secondary and then recieved this letter?

Also was it an email or snailmail?

I received a secondary application about a month ago, sent in the fee within minutes of receiving the email and on Friday I received a rejection letter in the mail.

Wow. I'm sorry to hear about the bad news. :(

I haven't heard anything one way or the other. Is anyone else in this boat, or has everyone heard?

thanks... Someone posted on here yesterday that they got an email that explained there are no more interview slots left and that they should be getting a rejection letter in the mail shortly.

Here is what the email said:

The Arizona School of Health Sciences/A.T. Still University Physician Assistant Program currently has all seats/interview slots filled for the class beginning in June 2012. We are no longer accepting secondary application payments at this time. Your CASPA application will remain on file and you will be contacted should seats open up at a later date. If you are interested in applying to our program for the next application cycle, we encourage you to complete your file early as we offer seats on a rolling admissions basis. Thank you for your interest in the ASHS/ATSU Physician Assistant program.

Donna Sparks, MA

Associate Director of Admissions

Yes, that is what it sounds like. They must have a set number of secondary applications they give out. Im assuming they have received a large amount of applications since they are doing this before the deadline. Hopefully they open some slots, but good luck to all of you who have interviews coming up!

thanks... Someone posted on here yesterday that they got an email that explained there are no more interview slots left and that they should be getting a rejection letter in the mail shortly.

Well, that's quite disappointing. But thanks for letting me know so I'm not surprised when I receive my rejection in the mail. I'm just sort of surprised I didn't hear anything--good or bad--since I did my secondary app in late June and my stats seem pretty good. Clearly it wasn't meant to be!

I haven't heard either way and I submitted everything early/mid-July. I'm in MN, so perhaps it will just take longer to get to me? I am also surprised that they would fill all their interview spots right away. Has anyone received an invite for an interview in Nov/Dec/Jan? I wonder if they'll send out the invites for later months right away or wait until closer to the date? This really bums me out.

Archived