2011-2012 Application Cycle

Hi All,

I just received on invitation to interview on Saturday, October 15. I am thrilled!

Also, I am a current Masters student (MPH) here at GWU and live on campus so I am more than happy to answer any questions about lodging, transportation, location of Ross Hall, etc. Just send me a message!

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats to everyone who received interviews! For those of you interviewing on Sept. 24th, did you get the e-mail about the Friday night social thing? I was wondering how casual/dressed up you think we should be? It looks like it's gonna be a restaurant/bar kind of atmosphere.

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Congrats to everyone who received interviews! For those of you interviewing on Sept. 24th, did you get the e-mail about the Friday night social thing? I was wondering how casual/dressed up you think we should be? It looks like it's gonna be a restaurant/bar kind of atmosphere.

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

I'd feel pretty goofy wearing a suit in a bar so I'm going to go for something professional but slightly more casual. I'll probably wear dark pants with a conservative top. I'm sure guys could wear a button-down without a tie or a nice polo w/ a belt. See you in a few days!

Hi all,

I'll be at the interview this weekend on the 24th, and I'll also be going to the Friday night event. I interviewed at UF, and they had a similar event where most people were dressed casual, but I'm probably going to dress business casual just in case. Better to be overdressed than underdressed! Can't wait to meet everyone. See you this weekend!

Cally

Hi balexandra, the social is at McFadden's Restaurant & Saloon over on Pennsylvania Ave. Thanks for the input!

Hi Amna -- where is the reception? I am a current student at GWU and live in the area so could probably give some insight into proper dress for that location if you want!

Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. I figured dark jeans would be borderline too casual so as CalUCF said, better to be overdressed than underdressed!

I'd feel pretty goofy wearing a suit in a bar so I'm going to go for something professional but slightly more casual. I'll probably wear dark pants with a conservative top. I'm sure guys could wear a button-down without a tie or a nice polo w/ a belt. See you in a few days!

To everyone interviewing this weekend:

I'm staying at the GWU Inn, most likely without a car. If you want to meet up to walk over to Ross Hall on Sat morning, PM me. Also, I may end up having to hoof it from the Inn to McFadden's and back again on Friday night depending on my friend's car situation, so if you're planning on doing the same we might as well walk together. I'm a big fan of the buddy system. :)

for all attending the happy hour at McFaddens - it is a VERY casual bar. It is where I watch football on Sundays and is also a favorite of the undergrads here at GW and is only about 3 blocks from Ross Hall. As far as dress, I would say just about anything would be fine. I have spoken to many first year PA students who will be there and it sounds like an extremely informal, fun, relaxing event to socialize with current students.

As for those interviewing on October 15 -- I will see you there!

Archived